Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: The snow returns  (Read 2299 times)

tizaala

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Dolau, Llandrindod Wells,Powys
The snow returns
« on: February 11, 2013, 08:28:17 am »
The damned stuff was trying most of yesterday , then about 7 pm it started with larger flakes, woke up this morning to the total whiteout  misery and still coming down .
Will have to cope on my own this morning as Gabi has got the winter vomit thingy.....all good fun. :rant:

ZaktheLad

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Thornbury, Nr Bristol
Re: The snow returns
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 08:32:30 am »
I am just so totally fed up with this weather - this weekend was just more rain and grey skies.  Luckily we haven't had a repeat of the snow (as yet), but just so depressing with constant rain and mud.  The ground is just saturated beyond belief.   >:(

in the hills

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 09:48:10 am »
Just a light covering here in Powys.

lachlanandmarcus

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 12:49:59 pm »
Loads here and pony leapt in the air as I waded out with her to the fields as it all came crashing off the barn roof right at that moment!!!

Bored of it coming and going all the time, dont mind it but I prefer it to come and stay or go away!!

Dogwalker

• Joined Nov 2011
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2013, 12:58:24 pm »
Your too close to England tiz, only on the hilltops  here.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2013, 10:00:08 pm »
We've only got a light covering and a lot of that thawed during the day.  The paths are now clear, just some on the hedges and veggie beds.  With a bit of luck it'll all be gone tomorrow.

Shropshirelass

• Joined Jul 2012
  • South Shropshire
  • A country lass who loves it all!
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2013, 11:01:13 pm »
Eurgh I know it was back again at the weekend, then it rained, & was dry on the 1 day I was out & then it's back again - It's flipping annoying as I want to finish fixing the poultry runs before lambing!!!  >:( xxx

Fowgill Farm

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2013, 10:41:27 am »
We had the most horrendous storm last night, gale force winds and snow.
Came back from town yesterday afternoon at snails pace, fed and strawed up the pigs, the wind was from the east and blowing snow thro the byre roof vents onto the pigs below they weren't amused, had to shut the piglets and their mum in as was blowing straight thro at them, snow plastering the inside wall!
We then went out to my nieces and had a nice tea but when we came home there was no electric on in the house and the garage door wouldn't lift,  :dunce:  here hadn't taken any keys so we couldn't get in the house! Luckily i remembered that my sister had a patio door key so we drove thro the now blowing blizzard to her house to collect the key, came back got thro the patio door into the conservatory and the inner door was locked ::)  OH had to get a knife from the pig feed house and take the beads out around the door and remove the glass for us to get in the house, i learn't some new swear words from him! All this by torch light. Once in the house the power was on but the trip had gone, according to my sister the power had been dipping in and out all night. So an eventful night. Got up this morning and the snow has all gone!
 :relief: what a night! Not sure i can take much more of this crazy weather.
Mandy :pig:

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2013, 11:15:37 am »
As OH has a courtesy car while his is in the garage he has no winter tyres and had a terrible time driving yesterday. Could not get up our road and ended up walking. This morning he had a job just getting to the main road. Lots of drifting snow but should not last as it is to get warmer. The ground is in a right state and will need lots of dry windy days to help it recover. Should be no drought this year.

NormandyMary

• Joined Apr 2011
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2013, 11:25:42 am »
We seem to have got off very lightly as fas as snow is concerned here on the Normandy border. Any bit of snow we have had has only lasted for a few hours and was hardly an inconvenience. I really do feel so sorry for you all in the UK. We have certainly had a mixed bag though, five minutes ago we had sunshine streaming in the window, now its raining. The fields are flooded and the lakes are full to bursting..and as for the mud...!!!!! :goat:

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2013, 10:42:14 pm »
WE had  :sunshine: most of today but the rain was back by late afternoon.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS