Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: 2 nice little surprises.....!!  (Read 2890 times)

greedyasapig

• Joined Nov 2012
2 nice little surprises.....!!
« on: February 13, 2013, 05:47:34 pm »
 Hi ALL,
We pulled the ewes in on monday as i felt the fields were to wet and washed them down and filled the barn with a few bales of hay.
. Well popped in to see them earlier as they are downing water like it was going out of fashion and to my surprise there were 2 little lambs and a happy mum THIS is  quite amazing as the Ram only went with them end of NOVEMBER..... we have a tiny little male o'essant i mean tiny 12kg max and about 20 inches high HEHE  mini mini little fella... the happy mum is a Sulfolk / texel cross and huge 60kg plus... i think the little ram must have popped her whilst she was asleep or used an orange box or Stilts Hehe...   
i am now wondering what size the lambs are going to be ??.... ps lambs are tugging away at mum and seem happy so i can presume they are not  2 months premature.... :) :) :fc:

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
Re: 2 nice little surprises.....!!
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 05:50:59 pm »
Hehe, there's great stuff  ;) in little bundles. So can we look forward to some piccies  :eyelashes:

greedyasapig

• Joined Nov 2012
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 05:56:57 pm »
Yes i took some so will have a go at loading them up..!

greedyasapig

• Joined Nov 2012
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2013, 06:48:07 pm »
Technology isn't my strong point...having trouble trying to upload photos.  Would welcome some assistance  :)

greedyasapig

• Joined Nov 2012
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2013, 06:49:34 pm »
Ignore that last post haha

ZaktheLad

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Thornbury, Nr Bristol
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2013, 06:54:23 pm »
That certainly is amazing as with healthy lambs born today the ewe should have been served circa 22 September!  Do you have any neighbouring rams or could the ewe have got to the ram then - perhaps you got them all in together for worming or vaccinating and he took the opportunity then!?   Certainly lambs wouldn't survive at 2 months premature as just not developed sufficiently to be able to do so outside the womb.  End of November tup service should see lambs circa end April.  Lovely surprise for you though - can't wait to see some pics.  Congratulations!  :excited:

greedyasapig

• Joined Nov 2012
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2013, 07:08:44 pm »
Hi ya,
Yes lovely surprise... our little ouessant  male whom we rescued is the culprit and he is tiny max 20 inches high top of his legs 12 inches, i have seen him trying but  failed or so i thought by a good foot as the suffolk towers him hehe... really quite funny im convinced she was laying down :o . he lives with them as not to be lonely and goes in with the pig when our borrowed tup arrives (nov20th) this time..it will be interesting assuming all goes well how big they get? just checked them again and feeding well. :thumbsup:

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2013, 07:17:55 pm »
 :love: they are two cuties.

ZaktheLad

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Thornbury, Nr Bristol
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2013, 07:33:57 pm »
They are totally gorgeous  :thumbsup:

kumquat

• Joined May 2012
  • Ruthin, North Wales
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2013, 07:39:48 pm »
Very nice indeed.  :thumbsup:
Proud member of the Soay Sheep Society :thumbsup:

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2013, 08:10:25 pm »
Great to read a happy post - guess they will grow pretty quickly - no shortage of milk for them  :thumbsup:
Pygmy Goats, Shetland Sheep, Zip & Indie the Border Collies, BeeBee the cat and a wreak of a building to renovate!!

Azzdodd

• Joined Apr 2012
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2013, 08:55:22 am »
I had a similar situation with my goats..my Pygmy billy got my boer nanny in kid she is about 3-4 his size where there is a will there is a way! Good luck with the lambs an just hope they take after mum :-)

Azzdodd

• Joined Apr 2012
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2013, 08:58:37 am »
I think I've attached a pic of mine

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS