Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Gotland ewes in lamb-South Lincolnshire  (Read 2172 times)

Pedwardine

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Lincolnshire
Gotland ewes in lamb-South Lincolnshire
« on: February 13, 2013, 12:35:03 pm »
We are considerably daunted by the amount of lambs we're due this year, especially as we want to be downsizing our flock in the not-too-long term. If anyone is interested in having some in-lamb ewes (guaranteed-they've all been scanned) then let me know before they get too close to the actual event and can no longer be safely transported. We're due to kick off from 7th April onwards. They're Hep 'P' vaccinated and worming is up to date. All pedigree registered and we're asking £185 per ewe. We've also some ewe lambs (9 month old) available at £120 each. Essential that you can offer a very special home with lots of love and that you have some shepherding experience or have close access to someone who knows their sheepy stuff. They are a marvellous breed, very affectionate, beautiful to look at, great fleece and great meat. They reward your care of them more than your average sheep  :-* . Easily trained to the bucket and small enough to handle without too much wrestling  ;D . They do need a little extra attention re feet especially with nasty soggy weather we have nowadays, we've experienced a few cases of scald. Actual footrot has been very rare. An annual footbath and a CalciZinc lick will help greatly on the foot front.

colliewoman

• Joined Jul 2011
  • Pilton
  • Caution! May spontaneously talk rabbits!
Re: Gotland ewes in lamb-South Lincolnshire
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 02:53:23 pm »
Temptress!
We'll turn the dust to soil,
Turn the rust of hate back into passion.
It's not water into wine
But it's here, and it's happening.
Massive,
but passive.

Bring the peace back

Pedwardine

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Lincolnshire
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 03:47:02 pm »
I try hon I try!!

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2013, 11:57:41 pm »
I have met this flock (and their lovely owners) attle nd can verify that the Gotlands are really nice.  I could not resist having a little flock of my own after seeing these.  And whats more, the sheep were as friendly as  their owners!!!

Hope the weather improves for the lambing .......

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS