Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: First injections done  (Read 2008 times)

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
First injections done
« on: February 11, 2013, 03:36:45 pm »
With the help of Linda (backinwellies) we did our first injections today and the ewes don't look any the worse for wear. It was very helpful to be shown how to do it properly and wasn't too scary.
thanks Linda
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
Re: First injections done
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 04:44:19 pm »
Well done!   :thumbsup: 
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

kaz

• Joined Jul 2008
  • Ceredigion
  • Dust yourself off when life throws you down.
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 05:45:08 pm »
With the help of Linda (backinwellies) we did our first injections today and the ewes don't look any the worse for wear. It was very helpful to be shown how to do it properly and wasn't too scary.
thanks Linda

Just the first of many Sally.  :thumbsup:  Did Linda show you how to do the intermuscular ones while she was there, just in case you need to do any of those in the near future?
All my girls are coming in until after lambing if this weather keeps up as it is now a good place here if anyone fancies a bath in mud. Might be a tad cold. :o  My lambing is 2 - 7 weeks from now, quite spread out.
Let me know if you need any help.
Penybont Ryelands. Ystwyth Coloured Ryelands.  2 alpacas, 2 angora goats, 2 anglo nubian kids, 3golden retrievers a collie and a red fox labrador retriever, geese, ducks & chickens.

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 06:45:00 pm »
My girls are looking ok, if a bit soggy. I am planning on taking the first ones to the 'maternity wing' a week before they are due unless the weather carries on as it is and i might have to do it earlier.
Linda did describe how to do the intrermuscular injections so I think I would feel reasonably confident in doing them.
Thanks for your offer if help.
Sally
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS