Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Doune and Dunblane Show- Pygmy classes  (Read 1942 times)

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
Doune and Dunblane Show- Pygmy classes
« on: February 10, 2013, 10:43:07 am »
Hello all,

Met our goat steward for Doune and Dunblane show this week, and discovered she has been voted onto the committee for the show this. She asked me what my thoughts were on introducing Pygmy classes as well as the classes for dairy goats.

I think it's a good idea, but not sure how many Pygmy people would be interested in coming along?

If anyone would be interested in coming, please let me know and we can go about getting classes set up etc.

The show is the first Saturday in July, and is held just off the A9 near Doune (you can see the showfield from the A9).

It's a really nice show, not massive but very friendly, and the prize money is very good- £15 for 1st, £10 for 2nd, and £5 for third, plus £20 for champion, and £10 for reserve. I have said to her to make sure there is a class for whether males as well as adult female, goatling and kid.

So- what I want to know is would you come along and show your pygmies? Please let me know ASAP, as they need to know by the end of the month for getting it into the schedule etc.

Thanks, Beth

ArcticFox

• Joined Feb 2013
Re: Doune and Dunblane Show- Pygmy classes
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2013, 11:03:33 am »
Hi there

I wouldn't be able to make it sorry.  I have to event my horses during the summer so no time for showing the goats.

Also my goats are not registered with the pygmy goat society.  Not sure how I would be able to register them anyway.

:)

mojocafa

• Joined Sep 2012
  • Angus
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2013, 11:18:53 am »
Can unregistered goats enter?
pygmy goats, gsd, border collie, scots dumpys, cochins, araucanas, shetland ducks and geese,  marrans, and pea fowl in a pear tree.

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2013, 11:43:28 am »
Yes- just an agricultural show so no need to be registered at all. Even the dairy goats that are shown there don't need to be registered.

;D

kim

• Joined Jun 2012
  • dundee angus
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2013, 07:18:10 pm »
I would definately be interested. Kim

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS