Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: does in kid  (Read 1777 times)

anderso

• Joined Jan 2012
  • brokenbrough
does in kid
« on: February 08, 2013, 08:37:47 am »
has anyone had this - doe is in kid, showed lots of gunk out, vet says she is in kid now 2 weeks later still waiting -

problem is we are not sure what date she was serviced as she and her sister was running with the buck for 5 weeks before coming to us.

do I just wait until the possible end date which is the middle of Feb, Vet is happy with progress and says just keep an eye on things.

I think I just need to hear someone else to say its ok for the moment an info would be very helpful.

Thanks Anderso
when the revolution comes it will be a co-op

Dogwalker

• Joined Nov 2011
Re: does in kid
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 10:03:28 am »
Has her udder filled,  tail bones loosened?
Is she eating OK?

Someone more experienced will be along shortly.

If she doesn't seem ill, I'd just wait and see. Nerve wracking isn't it.

ScotsGirl

• Joined Dec 2009
  • Wiltshire
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 06:27:37 pm »
I have one discharging but when I spoke to breeder and she said it can happen if kids are taking up a lot of room. She still has at least 3 weeks to go and has done this for over a week so don't worry.

As long as eating, happy and perhaps worth checking temperature I wouldn't worry.

Work out 147 days from the last date she was in with buck and you know when to start panicking .

anderso

• Joined Jan 2012
  • brokenbrough
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2013, 07:07:14 pm »
she is eating and udder has filled, thanks for the info will let you know what happens
when the revolution comes it will be a co-op

Dogwalker

• Joined Nov 2011
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2013, 07:40:43 pm »
When you count up the days allow a few extra.
Last year two of mine kidded on day 146 and one on 154, had me on edge for the last week waiting and I knew the dates they'd been served.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2013, 10:37:54 pm »
Only had two kids born myself but they were both over 150 days.

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2013, 10:31:58 am »
I'm afraid you just have to wait and see. We once had a female kid who had an "accident" when the billy kid escaped. Didn't keep note of it because when we got to the field to get him out, he was pestering the AN female kid. Checked for her coming back in season in three weeks, all fine, so didn't record anything on the calendar.....

Then about 2 months later realised the BT kid had never been back in season. Not knowing when she was due, and she produced discharge every day for a full 3 weeks before she kidded. Mum was up every night at 2am checking because she was worried about her being so wee. When she did kid, she spat out twin females with no issues at all.

Beth

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS