Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: bliss  (Read 1584 times)

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
bliss
« on: February 06, 2013, 02:00:01 pm »
sunny day and first one outdoors (other than for chopping kindling)! First bed covered in card and duck manure. Next step will be to empty the tunnel for fumigation and weeding, digging, tidying. Sorting seeds and sowing peppers. What have you all been doing so far? :&>

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Re: bliss
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 03:36:52 pm »
Well, John has tidied the potting shed and pressure washed the greenhouse and is half way through washing seed trays and pots.

My roses for the beds at the front of the house have arrived and I bought some wee perennials at Dobbies, so they're in the greenhouse getting bigger. And a big bag of plants was delivered today so off to sort them out shortly. Can't wait to plant up the two bare beds in front of the house  :excited:

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 03:48:40 pm »
Who's John, Rosemary? I hope he's someone who helps and you've not split up with Dan :thinking: ??? :&>

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 05:13:28 pm »
We've had a gorgeous couple of days here  :sunshine: :sunshine: :sunshine: - still crispy snow lying so have been working inside the polytunnel.  This year I am growing far more inside, so I can control the wet and temp and hopefully won't lose everything as I did last year.  We won't be able to get onto the outdoor plot until it's been dry for a couple of weeks  :roflanim:  but indoors has winter onions, garlic and shallots, plus strawbs and winter brassicas  :brocolli: so far.  Next sunny day I will sow mizuna and radishes (under extra cover)  My potatoes  :spud: are chitting on a north windowsill and I'm about to sow sweet peas in the greenhouse and various flowers for my new flower garden in the propagator, as well as chillies  :chili: etc.  It's too soon for cucumbers  :cucumber: and tomatoes  :tomato: yet here.
Outdoors my poor leeks look very sad, and the surviving brassicas  :brocolli: are just drooping remnants  :(
 :sunshine: :garden: :sunshine:
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS