Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hello everyone  (Read 4837 times)

field of dreams

• Joined Oct 2007
  • strathaven
Hello everyone
« on: October 25, 2007, 11:31:39 am »
Just a quick introduction I live in Strathaven and have about eight acres in a field about 1/2 a mile from our home. We have a few chickens (around 35) and a stream running through our land at the bottom of the field. I am currently fencing this 2 acre inclined section off and I intend to use this for growing more veg and other smallholding acitvites. I planted some fruit trees this year as well as some veg and all have done very well but as I work full time its difficult to find the time you need to do what you really want.

We are new to all this but I am loving it as are my kids and wife Jackie. I have found the net a great source of information and the ASH site inspirational and helpful in so many other ways.

I hope to learn from the experience of others in what looks like a very helpful forum
« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 11:42:13 am by field of dreams »

Dan

• The Accidental Smallholder
  • Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • Facebook
Re: Hello everyone
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2007, 11:42:13 am »
Hello, and welcome! Although I'm extremely jealous (we'd love more land, if we could get it without moving or plonk our house down on it) I'll not let that get in the way of wishing you well in your venture.  :)

Look forward to hearing more about how things develop for you.

pigsatlesrues

• Joined Oct 2008
  • Normandy, France
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2008, 05:36:43 pm »
Hi there

I was just looking on the welcome page and noticed that I had missed your original posting.

Welcome from me and how are you getting on? I am sure lots of things have happened since you last posted.

A Happy New Year by the way!

Kate
Bonjour et avoir un bon jour !

field of dreams

• Joined Oct 2007
  • strathaven
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2008, 12:47:40 pm »
A happy new year to you Kate

Yes I have been working away fencing off parts of the field and planting an orchard as well as being in the process of putting up a poly tunnel.Looking forward to growing a bit more this year and perhaps getting some ducks, turkeys and even pigs.

I am hoping to put stables on the top part of the field but I am curently only at the planning stage awaiting approval for same.

stephen

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Kent
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2008, 02:13:32 pm »
hey and welcome to the forums!  ;D

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2008, 06:46:05 pm »
Good to hear from you! And about your progress.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS