Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Primative Pictures!  (Read 9386 times)

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
Re: Primative Pictures!
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2013, 03:34:06 am »
that little lamb is just gorgeous  :thumbsup:
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

in the hills

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2013, 09:03:53 am »
Great piccies  :excited:

Kumquat - the one ewe lamb that we had last year, looks just like the two you have posted. Exact colour and markings. Beautiful aren't they?

Will try and post some piccies when OH can help me. No idea how to do it.  :thinking:

moprabbit

• Joined Oct 2011
  • North Notts
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2013, 09:28:26 am »
Super pics - love the little lamb - too cute for words!!!
4 pet sheep

kumquat

• Joined May 2012
  • Ruthin, North Wales
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2013, 01:26:27 pm »

Kumquat - the one ewe lamb that we had last year, looks just like the two you have posted. Exact colour and markings. Beautiful aren't they?
[size=78%] [/size]

definitely - those two light mouflons are really friendly and normally lead the charge when it comes to feeding.
[/size]Although I've got a couple of shetlands and one soay with a touch of orf. I've put in a couple of salt licks and quick spray of septiclense to help it on its way. Purple lippy on a primitive isn't a good look  :innocent:

Proud member of the Soay Sheep Society :thumbsup:

in the hills

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2013, 02:05:06 pm »
kumquat - ours had a touch of what we assumed was orf last year. Seemed to be self-limiting. It was nowhere near as bad as some images of orf that we looked at and cleared by itself in a short time. We did try spraying the purple stuff on them but it seemed to irritate them, they rubbed their heads on the ground and made it worse  ::)  so in the end kept a close eye on them and applied vaseline as a barrier (fly season) to a few of the worst affected. They had been nibbling thistles so maybe something to do with that and not orf ..... who knows .... but it passed very quickly.

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2013, 02:26:07 pm »
A few Castlemilk pics - I get a bit carried away with taking pic's these days now we're in the digital era :innocent:
Pygmy Goats, Shetland Sheep, Zip & Indie the Border Collies, BeeBee the cat and a wreak of a building to renovate!!

kumquat

• Joined May 2012
  • Ruthin, North Wales
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2013, 02:56:04 pm »
kumquat - ours had a touch of what we assumed was orf last year. Seemed to be self-limiting. It was nowhere near as bad as some images of orf that we looked at and cleared by itself in a short time. We did try spraying the purple stuff on them but it seemed to irritate them, they rubbed their heads on the ground and made it worse  ::)  so in the end kept a close eye on them and applied vaseline as a barrier (fly season) to a few of the worst affected. They had been nibbling thistles so maybe something to do with that and not orf ..... who knows .... but it passed very quickly.
Seems to be going quite quickly, the salt licks seem to be doing the job...definitely don't need to worry about flies  ;)  Ours have been having a go at a patch of brambles in hedge.

Brucklay....great photos - they are lovely sheep and great steppy stones  :thumbsup:

SheepCrazy!

• Joined Nov 2012
  • Dumfries and Galloway
  • www.hawthornsoaysandjacobs.co.uk
    • hawthornsoaysandjacobs
    • Facebook
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2013, 07:21:41 pm »

So cute Brucklay, that's a gorgeous shot of the ewe and lamb :)

Tilly

• Joined Jan 2011
  • "Possibilities and miracles mean the same thing"
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2013, 11:03:05 am »

....just to say enjoying the lamb piccies  :sheep: :sheep: :sheep:  ,  :love:  Tilly :wave:

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2013, 03:34:15 pm »
Lovely sheep and lamb so cute, how do you keep them in the field as my lambs often go walk about no matter what I do.

kumquat

• Joined May 2012
  • Ruthin, North Wales
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2013, 06:33:51 pm »

Will try and post some piccies when OH can help me. No idea how to do it.  :thinking:

Ahemmmm........ :eyelashes: :eyelashes:  (here's a lovely guide.... :innocent: )

in the hills

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2013, 09:16:40 pm »
 ???  An invisible guide, Jon. ....... diolch yn fawr iawn.

Well you may or may not be able to see these sheepies.

kumquat

• Joined May 2012
  • Ruthin, North Wales
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2013, 09:33:16 pm »
Oops...must remember to copy the link next time....Mae'n ddrwg gennym

Tracey, they're absolute stunners... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:  Were you pleased with this years ram?

Fowlman

• Joined Apr 2012
  • Wiltshire
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2013, 10:10:09 pm »
I keep shetlands and although very happy with them i'm tempted with the soays.
Tucked away on the downs in wiltshire.

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2013, 10:25:51 pm »
Lovely pictures ITH - come on all you hard core sheepy people there's a place/need for these wee guys/girls - got to be the best looking lambs  :innocent: :innocent:
Pygmy Goats, Shetland Sheep, Zip & Indie the Border Collies, BeeBee the cat and a wreak of a building to renovate!!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS