Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Yoda  (Read 2915 times)

Pedwardine

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Lincolnshire
Yoda
« on: January 26, 2013, 04:28:54 pm »
Our sweet little Yoda died overnight. Been a concern for a while as she never seemed to develop very well. I posted about her spilling cud some time ago which we never did get to the bottom of. She also always looked 'tucked up', like dogs do when they're not right, tail between the legs kinda thing. Our lambs had a bad dose of Cocci last year and I believe Yoda's stomach function may have been compromised as a result. She didn't put on much weight at all and when it came to giving the flock hay she always prefered to try and find some grass. We did give her extra feed and her tummy filled out nicely for a wee while but it never stayed like that for long. She got lots of extra love and cuddles and was a devoted little thing but was always on the fringes but for one other little girl who sometimes kept her company. We loved her so much and will miss her terribly. We always thought she'd never make old bones though and we'd never have sold her. Doesn't help with the heartache.  :'(

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
Re: Yoda
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2013, 04:34:37 pm »
Awww, that is so sad. Still you did your best for her and she had a loving home.
 :bouquet:
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2013, 04:37:05 pm »
She's had the best life possible. So sorry you have lost her  :bouquet:

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2013, 05:09:49 pm »
I'm so sorry  :hug: She did have a good life with you, poor little girl  :sheep:

Marches Farmer

• Joined Dec 2012
  • Herefordshire
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2013, 05:33:50 pm »
It goes with the territory, alas.  Some just aren't good doers.  When anything dies or goes to slaughter, we know that, however short their life, they had the best they possibly could have had.

kanisha

• Joined Dec 2007
    • Spered Breizh Ouessants
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2013, 05:39:43 pm »
Its those that seem to find things a bit of a struggle that tug at the heartstrings the most,  sorry :bouquet:
Ravelry Group: - Ouessants & Company

Blackbird

• Joined Jul 2012
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2013, 06:12:55 pm »
So sorry Pedwardine - you really have been through the mill lately. I know it doesn't help with the upset, but you really did do all you could for the poor wee thing.
Where are we going - and why am I in this handcart?

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2013, 06:15:53 pm »
Poor Yoda - may the Force be with her  :hug:

smee2012

• Joined Sep 2012
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2013, 08:07:06 pm »
 :hug: Oh poor poppet. I dread to think what a mess I'd be if I lost one of my four girls  :'(

Pedwardine

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Lincolnshire
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2013, 09:01:42 pm »
Rosemary, you've made me laugh. Thanks. I didn't thank THAT would happen today!  :hug:

Pedwardine

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Lincolnshire
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2013, 09:44:56 pm »
Pic of our little girl. Can you see why we nicknamed her Yoda?

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS