Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Vetbed  (Read 2728 times)

sokel

• Joined Jun 2012
  • S W northumberland
Vetbed
« on: January 26, 2013, 09:25:52 pm »
Anyone know where you can buy 10 meter  rolls of vetbed at a reasonable price ? 
I have seen it on ebay for £110 free postage but not sure what the quality is.
Between our family we have 14 permanent dogs in 4 houses and then there is always one or 2 other peoples show dogs stay with us for short periods so we do use quite a bit of it  ::)
Graham

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
Re: Vetbed
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2013, 09:54:39 pm »
It depends what you want. The original trademark 'vet bed' is woven in a way that allows moisture through only one way so the animal stays dry if it has an accident. I would think this reason and it's trademark name is why it is expensive.
 In a home environment it probably isn't needed to this degree. There are lots of similar products which do just as good. If you plan on going to a county show with a dog show this year you can often buy a roll of material. Or do as I've done, find a large craft store or  haberdashery near you that you can check the quality and order off the roll per metre.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 09:57:06 pm by Mammyshaz »

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2013, 10:22:21 pm »
I buy mine at dog shows too.  Crufts is the next biggie - at the NEC early March..
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

ZaktheLad

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Thornbury, Nr Bristol
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 03:23:57 pm »
I buy mine on Amazon - great price at circa £35 for a large roll - enough for 3 large dog beds.  Any colour - although I went for the standard grey and then a second lot in brown.  It's the cheapest I have seen on the internet so far and is the "proper" vet bed!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2013, 04:49:31 pm »
Do you have a link to the real stuff please?  Difficult to tell what is what unless you feel it, that's why I only usually buy at dog shows.  The real stuff has a very firm hard backing
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

ZaktheLad

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Thornbury, Nr Bristol
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2013, 08:10:22 am »
I just put in vetbed in the search engine and it's the one that is now priced £39.99 for a 3m roll.  It's definitely the stuff with the very firm hard backing.  I buy the roll and cut it in to 3 pieces for the 3 x large beds and it is more than enough.  I do love vetbed - the best bedding for dogs, particularly in wet and muddy conditions. 

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS