Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: How Deep Is Your Snow / Sna / Snaw ?  (Read 19357 times)

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
  • nr Lauder, Scottish Borders
Re: How Deep Is Your Snow / Sna / Snaw ?
« Reply #90 on: January 24, 2013, 10:00:22 am »
Like the sign on the road too VF  ;D

Yes, school was shut Mon and Tues here so kids enjoyed pulling straw bales on sledges to the animals, especially the downhill bits.
registered soay, castlemilk moorit  and north ronaldsay sheep, pygmy goats, steinbacher geese, muscovy ducks, various hens, lots of visiting mallards, a naughty border collie, a puss and a couple of guinea pigs

fiestyredhead331

• Joined Sep 2012
  • NW Highlands
    • Facebook
« Reply #91 on: January 25, 2013, 03:56:06 pm »
nothing here again, flurries on Tuesday but that was it. Was desperately hoping for the predicted snow to hit us last night so I could stay home and watch the tennis today but no luck

Well done Andy Murray by the way, people texted me the scores while I was at work  :thumbsup:
keeper of goats, sheep, pigs, ducks, chickens, turkeys, dogs, cats, goldfish and children, just don't ask me which is the most work!

ppd

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Sutherland
« Reply #92 on: January 25, 2013, 04:19:10 pm »
We were supposed to get heavy snow today and............NOTHING I seem destined to not go sledging :(

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #93 on: January 25, 2013, 04:34:03 pm »
O K then...we have some/lots of snow  >:(

ppd

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Sutherland
« Reply #94 on: January 25, 2013, 05:15:54 pm »
Bloomin' raining here now so will be knee deep in mud soon :( :( :( :(

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #95 on: January 25, 2013, 07:05:07 pm »
I have been sledging....

..... bales of hay & sacks of animal food!  It's much easier than carrying them, even if every other job seems harder!
Little Blue

ppd

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Sutherland
« Reply #96 on: January 25, 2013, 07:26:53 pm »
Little Blue, in our last house we were at the top of a steep hill and if conditions were too bad I often used to park at the bottom and bring the weekly food shop up in the sledge - just had to remember and tie up the bags to stop the odd tin rolling back down the hill :innocent: and of course great fun sledging back down for the next load :excited:

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #97 on: January 25, 2013, 09:56:10 pm »
I heard hail earlier.

Izzy

• Joined May 2009
  • Stirlingshire
« Reply #98 on: January 26, 2013, 05:46:29 am »
I went skiing on Wed this week at the hermitage near Dunkeld. There was 14"-15" snow and the gorge and trees, Braan etc looked breathtaking.

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #99 on: January 26, 2013, 09:39:30 am »
Little Blue, in our last house we were at the top of a steep hill and if conditions were too bad I often used to park at the bottom and bring the weekly food shop up in the sledge - just had to remember and tie up the bags to stop the odd tin rolling back down the hill :innocent: and of course great fun sledging back down for the next load :excited:

Its great fun, only our paths are quite narrow and the corners tight, so there's no way of f getting up much speed without falling off (whether it's people, or hay bales!)
Little Blue

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #100 on: January 26, 2013, 11:35:22 am »
Just been out on my skis (trekking, free-heel). Snow was heavy and slow but great fun anyway, blue sky and sun  ;D. The collies found it hard going, there's about a foot of new snow with very little crust on, over the previous foot. Still, we're all better for getting out  :thumbsup:

Checked on the sheep while we were out - they're fine but not finding it easy to move about. Sensibly camped around the hayracks.

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #101 on: January 26, 2013, 12:55:13 pm »
Mum took us skiing and now we're shattered  :D

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #102 on: January 26, 2013, 01:00:04 pm »
A foot of snow here overnight so a good layer for sledging again  :excited:

Mum took us skiing and now we're shattered  :D
:roflanim:  :roflanim:

I'm planning on doing the same to our two and the boys. Should be a quiet night here  ;D

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
  • nr Lauder, Scottish Borders
« Reply #103 on: January 26, 2013, 02:42:36 pm »
 ;D  yes, an effort here for Scout too, making big leaps to get about.  Nice quiet evening without her mooching at the tea table  :D
registered soay, castlemilk moorit  and north ronaldsay sheep, pygmy goats, steinbacher geese, muscovy ducks, various hens, lots of visiting mallards, a naughty border collie, a puss and a couple of guinea pigs

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS