Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Anyone fancy sharing the cost?  (Read 1613 times)

thenovice

• Joined Oct 2011
Anyone fancy sharing the cost?
« on: January 22, 2013, 07:54:59 pm »
Having decided to reduce my little flock to a few ewes, the time and cost involved is the same if you have 5 or 25 (no small bottles of wormer, insecticide,shearing). So i was was wondering if anyone in my area (near the kent/sussex border) fancied sharing the cost if they ran a few sheep too? Apart from halving the costs of meds, it might be handy when it came to shearing, or taking stock to the abatoir, or just having someone to lend a hand in an emergency of holiday cover. Let me know folks.  :thumbsup: 

thenovice

• Joined Oct 2011
Re: Anyone fancy sharing the cost?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 07:59:44 pm »
Sorry ment to say in an emergency or holiday cover  :dunce: . Dont mind helping someone who has never kept sheep before, (im no expert), or even if you fancy running yours in with mine. I have a few rented acres locally.

lizzypeg

• Joined Oct 2012
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 09:53:05 pm »
hi we are near sevenoaks and new to sheep keeping and would love a friendly person to share costs of wormers etc with and to help with advice etc as we learning as we go along.we recently got a bottle of wormer and have loads spare.

thenovice

• Joined Oct 2011
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 04:58:40 pm »
Oh blast! You are about 35 - 40 mins away from me, not quite local enough to make it practical. If you were my side of tunbridge wells (cranbrook,goudhurst,hawkhurst area), it might have worked. Feel free to get in touch if you have any probs though, im only a novice, but i know a few sheep people that way. Good luck  :wave: 

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS