Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: All set to go.  (Read 4411 times)

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
Re: All set to go.
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2013, 11:04:49 pm »
Your yarn that you are weaving sounds lovely, it sounds hard going using fluffy stuff though   :thinking:
If it's any help, my favourite scarf is a mohair as it is so fluffy-soft and warm.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2013, 10:47:44 pm »
Started threading the heddles today but I was in pain so didn't do as much as I would have liked.. Still  :excited: by it all though.

Mammyshaz the yarn is lovely but I would have been better using it for weft and having a different yarn in simialr colour for warp.  I have a feeling I am going to have quite a few broken warps as it tends to pull apart.  Annoying, because I did pull on one piece to test it for strength before I started and it seemed fine.

Dogwalker

• Joined Nov 2011
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2013, 05:51:34 pm »
Even more looking forward to coming over now, the warping up is the bit that's always put me off weaving. I'll have to give it another go sometime.

renee

• Joined Jan 2013
  • jämtland
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2013, 07:10:40 pm »
It's the rheumatoid arthritis that is making me ache. 
So sorry it is a painful job for you. My brother wanted me to move back to England but I knew the climate wouldn't suit me. Hope you can find an easier position when you start weaving and that the warp holds out. :fc:

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2013, 11:07:33 pm »
It is now all warped up and ready to start weaving.  the paln was to do some today but when I went for my rheumatology appointment I was told I needed to go to the hospital for a chest xray as I'm starting a new drug (as well as the other one).  by the time I had been to the clinic, collected prescriptions and some a very small amount of shopping I needed to come home and rest, then the trip to the hospital this afternoon finished me off for more than sitting down.  Tomorrow, assuming I don't have any of the nasty side effects that are common, I hope to make a good start.  I have taken photos of the loom set up and will post them on here tomorrow.

Even more looking forward to coming over now, the warping up is the bit that's always put me off weaving. I'll have to give it another go sometime.

I enjoy warping up.  What I need is something more suitable to sit on so I am in a better position.  I should have woven a bit by the time you come.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS