Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Movement Records  (Read 4600 times)

Riverside21

• Joined Jan 2012
  • Dorset
Movement Records
« on: January 21, 2013, 07:17:47 pm »
Hi everyone,

Does anybody know if I can order movement forms online? I presume you have to order them rather than download because they are three pieces of paper together.

Any help or a link to the website would be great.

Many Thanks

colliewoman

• Joined Jul 2011
  • Pilton
  • Caution! May spontaneously talk rabbits!
Re: Movement Records
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 07:34:08 pm »
Here be the link for the page where you can download the forms :thumbsup:
http://www.defra.gov.uk/forms/2011/03/30/aml1-animal-move-licensing/

Yes you can print them yourself, one for departure holding, one for receiving holding, one for transporter and one to send to animal health. So you would need to print 4 copies and fill them all in which is tedious.

OR you can give animal health a call on the number that should be on your holding register/flock book and they will send you some. I find it best to ask for a dozen or so otherwise they tend to just send you 2 or 3 ::)

OR you can pick up a load from your local market :thumbsup:
We'll turn the dust to soil,
Turn the rust of hate back into passion.
It's not water into wine
But it's here, and it's happening.
Massive,
but passive.

Bring the peace back

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 09:27:24 am »
I realised I didn't have any movement forms when mine were due to go to the tup. I phoned AH and explained and the forms were with me a couple of days later. They sent me loads so I won't have to worry for a while.
Sally
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Foobar

• Joined Mar 2012
  • South Wales
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2013, 10:14:27 am »
For info, last time I rang AH for movement forms (Nov time) they told me they don't send them out any more and I had to get them from my council's Trading Standards. South Wales this is.  Dunno if anyone else has had this.

Fowgill Farm

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2013, 10:28:11 am »
We always used to get forms from TS for pigs but the lovely powers that be make us do it electronically now and what fun that is  ::) :-\  NOT so count yourselves lucky you can still use lovely lovely paper forms, though i have heard a rumour Sheepies are looking at moving to on-line moves too.  :roflanim:  best of british with that!
mandy :pig:

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2013, 10:47:38 am »
Mandy, when I got my weaners it had already moved to the online system so I don't know any different. What I do know is that I would rather do it online than paper so I for one would be happy when the sheep movements go the same way.
Sally

Fowgill Farm

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2013, 11:16:10 am »
Guess i'm just a luddite! One of the reasons i preferred the paper system was the different coloured sheets, yellow mean't something had departed and pink meant i'd got something in so it made it easier to find stuff now they're all just white sheets! and before you say it i know i can print them anytime off the system but try doing it with 0.00001% strength broadband and it ain't such a great thing! They should make sure EVERYONE has the ability to use/acccess the system at a decent speed.
as i say good luck with your sheeps!
mandy :pig:

smee2012

• Joined Sep 2012
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2013, 12:20:56 pm »
Mandy, we live out in the sticks and our phone line (and therefore broadband) is rubbish - being so far from the exchange and along really old cables. We got so fed up with our service that we terminated our BT line completely and switched to a moile broadband via Three (eat all you want data) instead. We used to get just under 1mb speed with BT. Now we get about 8mb  ;D and can use things that normal people get to use - like BBC iPlayer and You Tube. We tethered it to our wireless hub so all the pcs/laptops in the house can use it, and also the landline is tethered to it, so we get free calls and don't have to pay BT line rental either. It also means that we get to take the mobile (which is separate from our personal ones) on holiday with us and can have free wi-fi if we want.

Sorry for the topic change!  :bouquet:
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 01:12:46 pm by smee2012 »

Fowgill Farm

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2013, 12:25:44 pm »
thanks for the info Smee something to investigate, do most of my online stuff at work which is where i am now but most pig moves are at weekends and short notice.
thanks again
mandy  :pig:

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2013, 12:33:10 pm »
smee, would you mind sharing how much the service costs you?
If you don't want to broadcast it could you pm me the details?
thanks
Sally

smee2012

• Joined Sep 2012
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2013, 01:14:33 pm »
It costs us £34 a month with Three. That includes the eat all you want data, tethering and phone calls. I daresay it could be done cheaper too if you didn't require as much data as we use.

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2013, 01:30:02 pm »
Thanks smee  :thumbsup:

oaklandspigs

• Joined Nov 2009
  • East Sussex
    • OaklandsPigs
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2013, 05:49:05 pm »
I think we're all hoping that we don’t get the mess that is electronic pigs movements forced onto the sheep world.
For those without pigs so unfamiliar with it, you have to notify a move in advance. For most pig people this is not a big issue, but for those without PC's and online access, they have to phone - weekdays 9-5 only - and then wait for paperwork to be sent.
For pig keepers without a PC at their pig site, then they have to do all this at home, so guess whether someone phoning is going to buy, and gets lots of info from them.

For many sheep keepers, having to give notice would be a nightmare. Imagine checking on you sheep and deciding that they need moving to pastures new. No just hitching up the trailer, moving them and then sending in the form. No you'll need to go home, logon and set up the move first. Then come back and start moving. With many sheep keepers having land many miles apart, this'll be terrible waste of time.
Not on computer? you'll need to guess three days in advance when you want to move sheep - 5 days at weekends!, then wait for the form.

I really hope that the NSA is on top of this, unlike the NPA who just waved it all through.
www.Oaklandspigs.co.uk
"Perfect Pigs" the complete guide to keeping pigs; One Day Pig Courses in South East;
Weaners for sale - Visit our site for details

Riverside21

• Joined Jan 2012
  • Dorset
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2013, 01:33:09 pm »
Thankyou very much everyone!

I'd best get on the phone, its much easier writing it out on physical paper in front of me!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS