Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Winter and wildlife.  (Read 1843 times)

MAK

• Joined Nov 2011
  • Middle ish of France
    • Cadeaux de La forge
Winter and wildlife.
« on: January 20, 2013, 04:53:10 pm »
After a week of snow it rained all day yesterday until about 05:00 am today  - then freezing rain and 4 inches of of snow.
The rain had frozen on our rabbits and one had icicles on it's ears.
We found a buzzard and wood pigeon that could not fly off when we approached. Like our ducks their tail feathers looked as if they were frozen together.
www.cadeauxdelaforge.fr
Gifts and crafts made by us.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: Winter and wildlife.
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2013, 05:14:33 pm »
Poor things - did you manage to help them?
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

MAK

• Joined Nov 2011
  • Middle ish of France
    • Cadeaux de La forge
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2013, 05:44:19 pm »
We tried to help but the buzzard jumped down to the edge of the lake that was just frozen - we felt that if I edged down the steep slope it would have flapped away and even got stuck o  the lake. The pigeon ran off everytime I got near and kept getting caught up in blackberry. So difficult to know what to do but at least all the foxes have been shot around here so hopefully they will survive the night before the rain returns tomorrow.
www.cadeauxdelaforge.fr
Gifts and crafts made by us.

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2013, 05:56:25 pm »
What a shame, hope they thawed out enough to find shelter. A lovely photo MAK  :thumbsup:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS