Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Bamford Major Mower  (Read 3261 times)

Drummournie

• Joined Jul 2012
  • Cawdor - Nairnshire
Bamford Major Mower
« on: January 27, 2013, 01:46:31 am »
Bit of a long shot this but I have discovered a bomford major mower abandoned and half buried on the property, never knew it was there until I explored today!

It a finger bar mower of the trailed variety, has 2 "jockey wheels" and a mower bar to the RHS of the arrangement as you look from the rear. It has a chaincase at the rear, thats where I got the model and type info from, but as it was getting dark tonight I have only dug half of it out!

It really does look like its 50's vintage or so, its suffered a bit of a twist to the rear H beam that supports the wheels, my question is twofold really:

1 - should I go back tomorrow and dig the rest of it out?
2 - does anyone have any info on them? the google search I do just comes up with later mowers or very early ones with steel wheels ( mine is pneumatic tyres). A pic would be very helpful indeed!!!

What do you ladies and gentleman think?

Thanks in advance!

Odin

• Joined Oct 2011
  • Huddersfield
Re: Bamford Major Mower
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2013, 08:47:33 pm »
Dig it out and save it. These things are repairable and worth saving, there is a following out there for the old Bamford & Jones stuff. Also a classic tractor is far more interesting with an implement fastened to it.
I have a mate who is 'up' on Bamford stuff. Put some pictures on here &/or buy a classic tractor mag for some support and ideas.
Regards
A man who cannot till the soil cannot till his own soul !
A son of the soil .

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS