Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Workwear for women (dungarees)  (Read 6206 times)

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
Workwear for women (dungarees)
« on: January 15, 2013, 09:43:27 am »
Anyone come across a good company making (and delivering) workwear dungarees for women?

I normally get my supply from Germany, but no visit from the parents due for a while and I need some new ones...

I only found one UK company, and they are out of stock in quite a few of the sizes...
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 09:58:11 am by Anke »

fiestyredhead331

• Joined Sep 2012
  • NW Highlands
    • Facebook
Re: Wokwear for women (dungarees)
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 09:58:50 am »
hi Anke  :wave:

I wear Flexothane waterproof dungarees. Very light to wear and stretchy so suitable all year round
keeper of goats, sheep, pigs, ducks, chickens, turkeys, dogs, cats, goldfish and children, just don't ask me which is the most work!

Blinkers

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Carmarthenshire
  • Carmarthenshire/Pembrokeshire border
    • Glyn Elwyn - Faithmead Herd
    • Facebook
Re: Wokwear for women (dungarees)
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 11:14:58 am »
hi Anke  :wave:

I wear Flexothane waterproof dungarees. Very light to wear and stretchy so suitable all year round

Ditto.....you just have to be careful not to get them caught on any brambles etc, although you can get brilliant little patches to stick on.    They are very comfortable as they're breathable too. 
Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again !!
www.glynelwyn.co.uk

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
Re: Workwear for women (dungarees)
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2013, 12:44:17 pm »
Have you tried Engelbert Strauss?  They have a British division.  They do womens clothes in many lines but I'm not sure if they do women's dungarees (without going and finding the catalogue)  They are a bit sexist in that they don't do women's sizes in the real roughy-toughy stuff  ::)  but they do do children's sizes so they might suit if the dungarees are not available in womens.
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

Alistair

• Joined Sep 2012
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 12:52:32 pm »
I'm getting visions of felicity Kendal again, stop it

Welshcob

• Joined Jul 2012
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2013, 12:57:41 pm »
Anke, did you try Mole Valley Farm supplies? They have reasonable stock. Or in Central Edinburgh there's Hewats (but not sure if they do online sale).

Welshcob

• Joined Jul 2012
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2013, 12:59:19 pm »

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
  • nr Lauder, Scottish Borders
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2013, 01:47:16 pm »
Anke you can get some from John Deere shop just as you go in to Jedburgh on right hand side, shop is at the rear end of the courtyard - they can get you ordinary blue ones not the green and black tractor drivers wear.  I have a couple of pairs - one full body with arms, and one with braces type which I love.  I got the smallest size and its big for me (I'm 'average' sized generally) I had to cut the legs down a bit as turnups get full of bits.  They're big enough for me to wear jeans under which I like.

Glad someone else likes them.
registered soay, castlemilk moorit  and north ronaldsay sheep, pygmy goats, steinbacher geese, muscovy ducks, various hens, lots of visiting mallards, a naughty border collie, a puss and a couple of guinea pigs

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2013, 03:12:54 pm »
I bought bib and brace ones from Alexandra Workwear for my summer wardrobe. Winter is Musto Snugs under Berghaus waterproof trousers.

I have seersucker check shirts for summer too and fancy myself as an extra in "The Waltons"  ;D

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2013, 03:22:43 pm »
If you have seen the latest picture of Rosemary in her work gear you will know she looks scary in it  :roflanim: 
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2013, 04:07:58 pm »
If you have seen the latest picture of Rosemary in her work gear you will know she looks scary in it  :roflanim:

And where is that?

But honestly dungarees are so comfortable if you have to bend a lot and are somewhat challenged in the waist department...

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll check them out. I didn't think that Hewat's did online too... such an old fashioned shop in any other way...

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2013, 05:38:17 pm »

Thank you  ;D

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2013, 08:42:57 pm »
I'm getting visions of felicity Kendal again, stop it

Alistair, behave.   ;)

Ina

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Aberdeenshire
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2013, 08:45:46 pm »
Keep your eyes open for Lidl (and possibly ALDI) offers, too - their workwear tends to be somewhat German influenced...

On the other hand, I'll have to go to Germany at some point this year (probably soon), and some members of my family are coming over in August - so you could always place an order!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS