Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: farmland for sale near us North Fife  (Read 3167 times)

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
farmland for sale near us North Fife
« on: June 13, 2009, 12:25:38 am »
Anybody with half a million spare?
I just would like nice neighbours on this land, maybe an organic farmer? If we win the lottery big, very big....

http://www.countrylife.co.uk/property/details/property/364264

The Relic

• Joined Mar 2009
  • County Down
Re: farmland for sale near us North Fife
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2009, 01:32:16 am »
i know a few travellers who are looking to settle down. can i give them your number

HappyHippy

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2009, 11:08:44 am »
WOW, that's expensive land £495,000 for 158 acres and no mention of a house on it!
Must be top notch, prime growing land - but WAY out of my price range ! lol!
Hope you get farming neighbours NFD and not the forestry commision or windfarm !

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2009, 04:21:25 pm »
As far as I know they want to sell it as farmland only, probably to one of the other local farmers, don't know if they can afford that price though. Not likely that any planning for a house would be approved...It wouldn't be attractive for travellers either, Relic, just suitable for crops or pasture. I think it is an inheritance issue as the farming couple sadly died in a car accident and one of the youngsters is going to take the remainder over, run the farm and live in the farmhouse. :&>

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2009, 04:23:45 pm »
Far too dear for this economic climate. even at £3k an acre it should only be £475,000 and that would be top grade farming land.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2009, 11:20:24 pm »
They'll notice the hard way, don't know who advised them on the price.I emailed the local farmer I buy my wheat from if he's going to buy it, he's not replied...:&>

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS