Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Help with tags please!  (Read 5273 times)

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
Re: Help with tags please!
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2013, 03:27:36 pm »
replacement tags (I am sure, from memory) would have your details and an individual number. Nimble (our pet ewe) has our UK.... number plus 00001 or something, another has 00002 and so it goes on... let me look for the thread, bear with me  :)
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2013, 03:38:36 pm »
Can't find the one I'm looking for, but came across this -

http://www.accidentalsmallholder.net/forum/index.php?topic=21143.msg201044#msg201044

might be useful?
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Hillview Farm

• Joined Dec 2012
  • Surrey
  • Proud owner of sheep and Llamas!
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2013, 04:11:12 pm »
Thank you plums :) I'll give that a read!

Could I just be really naughty and upgrade her and say i believed the woman i got her from bred her? When upgrading, would she still have the uk number from the holding of birth or does she go to having my uk number?

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2013, 07:08:10 pm »
If you phone your tag manufacturer just ask for 5 (or whatever their minimum is) pairs of replacement tags, these will have YOUR flock number on and start with 000001 (if these are your first ever tags).

Then just cross reference in your register book.

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2013, 07:55:42 pm »
Make sure you have a tag applicator that is compatible with the tags you order too. Just keep a record of the change in your book.

Hillview Farm

• Joined Dec 2012
  • Surrey
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2013, 08:38:58 pm »
Lovely. Big thank you Plums and everyone else :)

I was going to order my tags for the coming lambs tomorrow anyway so I can do it then.

Cheered me up big time :)

Hillview Farm

• Joined Dec 2012
  • Surrey
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2013, 11:58:42 am »
Update, rang defra again and they said as shes a pet I can now upgrade her! Thank you everyone, just goes to show there are ways around it!

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2013, 12:16:31 pm »
Brilliant news!!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS