Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: 4 chickens with a limp  (Read 2239 times)

IainW

• Joined Apr 2009
  • Brittany
    • Honest SEO & Internet Marketing Services
4 chickens with a limp
« on: June 16, 2009, 03:22:28 pm »
Titles says it all, I have 4 chickens all with a limp - hmmmmm strange

disease or bad landings maybe?

Any ideas?

Iain
www.ibwsolutions.co.uk (SEO & Internet Marketing Experts) www.williamsholidays.com (European Family Holidays) www.self-catering-holiday-forum.com (Holiday Chat)      Everyone's entitled to my opinion!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: 4 chickens with a limp
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 04:57:21 pm »
Have they got a long run and are continually flying and landing badly - and is it rough ground they land on?  If not then I suspect it isn't that.  Have you examined their feet?  Might be the start of bumble foot which spreads quite rapidly if left untreated.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

IainW

• Joined Apr 2009
  • Brittany
    • Honest SEO & Internet Marketing Services
Re: 4 chickens with a limp
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 05:58:06 pm »
Have they got a long run and are continually flying and landing badly - and is it rough ground they land on?  If not then I suspect it isn't that.  Have you examined their feet?  Might be the start of bumble foot which spreads quite rapidly if left untreated.

Hi Anne,

yes they have a huge run and it is uneven then have a good old play and fly sometimes, feet all OK not probs.

Just amazing that they would hurt themselves - I thought it was too coincidental

Iain
www.ibwsolutions.co.uk (SEO & Internet Marketing Experts) www.williamsholidays.com (European Family Holidays) www.self-catering-holiday-forum.com (Holiday Chat)      Everyone's entitled to my opinion!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS