Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Emergency fence cutting!  (Read 2394 times)

nic99

• Joined Jul 2011
Emergency fence cutting!
« on: January 12, 2013, 08:11:56 pm »
Poor Cuthbert, one of my Kune kune castrates, somehow managed to get himself stuck on a fence..........by his teeth!! Luckily a passerby noticed his predicament and came and knocked on my door to tell me. I got down there to find a crowd of about 15 people surrounding Cuthbert who was screaming his head off and firmly stuck to the fence by his teeth. I have no idea how he managed it! I couldn't see in his mouth clearly enough to see exactly where the fence was caught, it was on the bottom right hand side about halfway back. My 75 year old neighbour very kindly saved the day when he came out of his house brandishing a saw. He cut the fence and Cuthbert was instantly free. There was a small amount of blood around the area but otherwise he seems unharmed and happily munched an apple a few minutes later. Silly silly boy, I am fairly certain he will not have learned his lesson either!

thestephens

• Joined Mar 2011
  • aberdeenshire
Re: Emergency fence cutting!
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2013, 10:02:02 pm »
has he got tusks? our boar once got stuck when his tusks got stuck in the wire when he pulled back! we had to get the wire cutters out!

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2013, 09:52:35 am »
Sounds very strange but at least he doesn't seem to have suffered too much. The same can't be said for your fence though.
Sally
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

pheonix

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2013, 10:24:16 am »
was it a wire or wooden fence? poor boy.

nic99

• Joined Jul 2011
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2013, 12:35:22 pm »
Standard wire mesh stock fencing. I don't think he has any tusks, at least not ones that visibly protrude out of his mouth. Seems right as rain this morning, gobbled up all his breakfast.

HappyHippy

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2013, 01:44:33 pm »
Poor Cuthbert  :o Glad he's okay and none the worse for his encounter  :thumbsup:

He might do it again though  :innocent: We've had to free Red on 2 occaisions  ::) second time seemed to teach him the lesson though  :fc: They do seem to go through phases of chewing on fences/gates - I think it might be related to the tusks coming in  :thinking: A bit of toothache maybe ?

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS