Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Fasinex - life once open  (Read 2645 times)

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
Fasinex - life once open
« on: January 09, 2013, 10:51:10 am »
Due to the cost of Fasinex (bearing in mind I only have 5 sheep) I was keen to know what its life is once opened. All bottles give a shelf life but do not state how long the drench can be kept for once opened.
I have been in discussions with Novartis who did not know themselves but after some investigation have now confirmed to me by phone that, if the Fasinex is stored according to the instructions, it has a life of 6 months.
Sally

Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
Re: Fasinex - life once open
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 12:10:01 pm »
If you close it properly staright after use, keep in a dark and cool place (be careful not to get it frozen) it should be ok to use until the bottle is finished. At least that was the advice of my vet a few years ago when I started out with only a few ewes. Even now the 2.2ltr bottle will last a while..., but is BBE 2017 sometime.

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 12:29:07 pm »
Anke, my vet said the same thing but thats not what the manufacturers are saying. I think most people do as you say but it does make me wonder how effective it will it we don't follow their instructions or perhaps they are just covering their a***s.
Sally
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 06:17:26 pm »
The or perhaps they are covering their a****s.... scenario more likely, after all suits them if you come back for a new bottle three imes a year... :-J

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS