Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: injections  (Read 2716 times)

zarzar

• Joined Jul 2012
  • kent
  • Z.Glenfield :)
injections
« on: January 05, 2013, 07:27:31 pm »
Hi im new to sheep keeping and im wondering what injections ect should be done routinely, they have all just been vaccinated for scab as a local farmer has had it and we have a footpath through field and also goes through neigbouring sheep farmers land, they where wormed with combinex about 1 month ago, but im unsure what i should be protecting them against as most are breeding ewes with a few store lambs.
1 cat,2 thoroughbred horses,1 dog, handfull of bird various types and hoping to get sheep again

shep53

• Joined Jan 2011
  • Dumfries & Galloway
Re: injections
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 09:09:58 pm »
google  HEPTAVAC P NOAH and read the product information

zarzar

• Joined Jul 2012
  • kent
  • Z.Glenfield :)
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2013, 09:58:35 pm »
ok thanks is that the main one
1 cat,2 thoroughbred horses,1 dog, handfull of bird various types and hoping to get sheep again

Marches Farmer

• Joined Dec 2012
  • Herefordshire
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2013, 10:10:45 am »
Could also Google SCOPS - Sustainable Control of Parasites in Sheep.  Lots of info on the EBLEX site, too.

mojocafa

• Joined Sep 2012
  • Angus
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2013, 10:28:12 am »
Can I just ask...what does everyone do with used needles when finished with?
pygmy goats, gsd, border collie, scots dumpys, cochins, araucanas, shetland ducks and geese,  marrans, and pea fowl in a pear tree.

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2013, 10:48:21 am »
Can I just ask...what does everyone do with used needles when finished with?
Return them to your veterinary practise, along with used meds containers.
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

mojocafa

• Joined Sep 2012
  • Angus
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2013, 11:48:37 am »
Cheers for that Sally, I went into docs last week and came away with sharps bucket!
pygmy goats, gsd, border collie, scots dumpys, cochins, araucanas, shetland ducks and geese,  marrans, and pea fowl in a pear tree.

Advertisement

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS