Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: . Face and hand update  (Read 14486 times)

Ina

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Aberdeenshire
Re: . Face and hand update
« Reply #60 on: January 14, 2013, 04:39:30 pm »
But how would you get there?

Should have kept the number of that bunny boiler... Or somebody else nearby with an emergency car, anyway.

RUSTYME

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #61 on: January 14, 2013, 04:48:00 pm »
I am ok atm thanks Sally . Things 'seem' to be getting a bit better , fingers crossed , well i can't actually cross the buggers just now , so i am
looking up diy surgery for carpel tunnel syndrome atm . Might need a new x-acto knife for that though !

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #62 on: January 14, 2013, 04:53:12 pm »
Ina, did you note the neat way Russ ignored your suggestion re the bunny boiler?   :roflanim:

RUSTYME

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #63 on: January 14, 2013, 04:53:36 pm »
Lol Ina , exactly , forget the bunny boiler though .

RUSTYME

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #64 on: January 14, 2013, 05:00:53 pm »
That was due to posting deley Lesley , it takes me ages to tap out a reply , then i have to wait for signal , and people reply inbetween lol.

Ina

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Aberdeenshire
« Reply #65 on: January 14, 2013, 05:15:39 pm »
Ina, did you note the neat way Russ ignored your suggestion re the bunny boiler?   :roflanim:

I did!  ;D

No, it's just that I know how difficult it is to get anywhere if you don't have a car - more so even in this weather... Just now I'm doing "taxi service" for a friend who's son's had an accident with the car they both need to get to work and other places... At least with her it's not emergencies, just "normal" dentist/GP appointments and shopping etc...

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #66 on: January 14, 2013, 07:23:18 pm »
What about going on one of your horses? I suppose you would not be able to grip too well either but it would make a great talking point...I would love a horse or donkey and cart....maybe that's a form of transport that's not too costly!!!!
My uncle ended up moving out of his mobile home in Porth Neigwl as he could not get about, he used a moped.....he moved to the dreaded Rhyl (sorry for anyone who lives in Rhyl) I want to move and I am fit but still think about how difficult it would be to get around.
I suppose if you did your own surgery you could pass out and bleed a lot ::)    soo, not a good idea

renee

• Joined Jan 2013
  • jämtland
« Reply #67 on: January 14, 2013, 07:37:07 pm »
I nearly passed out when I was in to get a metal plate removed from my arm. They cut it open and the doctor said "nurse, we haven't got that type of screwdriver." I looked at him - he wasn't joking. I had to wait for the screwdriver to come from another operating theatre, sterilisation etc. I want full anesthetics from now on.

RUSTYME

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #68 on: January 14, 2013, 08:13:22 pm »
Lol , all varieties of screwdrivers here , but no metal plates as yet , thankfully .
 It's about 12 miles to the dentist . That would be about the max for a road fit horse anyway , mine aren't road fit or shod . Plus 10 miles of the trip are main road . No way would i risk it , people drive like idiots these days .
Shoeing costs a bloody fortune these days , £60-£100 , and mine have never been shod , they would kill the farrier !
As well as the busy roads , the cost of shoeing etc , my back couldn't cope with it or my hips . 10-20 minutes riding , and i am buggered for a couple of months .
I could avoid main roads and get there via back roads , but that would double the distance there and back .
Very local trips , couple of miles or so , unshod , with a cart , if i had one ?and the gear , would be ok , but my dentist doesn't work in any of the fields i could get too sadly lol .

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #69 on: January 14, 2013, 08:49:11 pm »
That was due to posting deley Lesley , it takes me ages to tap out a reply , then i have to wait for signal , and people reply inbetween lol.

We believe you.   ;D

It's a pity that your dentist doesn't do home visits.  I had a dentist who used to visit nursing homes to see patients.  If it's just to look at you and write a prescription it should be a possibility.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS