Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: WANTED: Weaners within easy reach of Aberdeen  (Read 2275 times)

NortheriIslesPigs

• Joined Jan 2013
WANTED: Weaners within easy reach of Aberdeen
« on: January 03, 2013, 02:58:22 pm »
Hi folks,

If any of you know of any weaners (saddlebacks, tamworths, or crosses - preferably rare breeds) that are available now or that will be at the end of the month/early feb can you let me know? We're in Shetland so a day's drive from Aberdeen is doo-able and likewise we could go via Orkney and down via Scrabster as well.  We're looking for between 4 and 8 to add to our herd, and grow on while waiting with bated breath to see if any one of our four sows produce after April.

Thanks
J

valandgeorge

• Joined Apr 2012
Re: WANTED: Weaners within easy reach of Aberdeen
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 09:18:26 pm »
Went to visit these piggies last week and we are having four at start of feb... hope this helps

http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?194330-Selection-of-piglets-avaibile-starting-at-%A335

NortheriIslesPigs

• Joined Jan 2013
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2013, 06:45:21 pm »
What breed are they?

Thanks for the link.

HappyHippy

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2013, 09:58:03 am »
We'll have some OSB x Kunekune ready at the end of February and some pure bred Kunekunes which will be ready at the end of January.
We're about 2.5 hours south of Aberdeen, if that's of any help just drop me a message.
Thanks, Karen  :wave:

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2013, 08:42:34 pm »
We'll have some OSB x Kunekune ready at the end of February and some pure bred Kunekunes which will be ready at the end of January.
We're about 2.5 hours south of Aberdeen, if that's of any help just drop me a message.
Thanks, Karen  :wave:

You can rest them at mine if you want - we're about an hour from Aberdeen and an hour and a half from Karen's.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS