Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: How much is an X Ray Please?  (Read 1581 times)

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
How much is an X Ray Please?
« on: January 07, 2013, 08:04:59 pm »
Hi, my daughters lab has been limping on her front legs, not her hip, for a while, she has had antibiotics etc but still limps, now the vet suggests an X Ray and so my daughter asked me how much roughly, I thought about £70 but thats my vet, they live in Leicestershire, so costs may vary...she is so worried bless her!!!!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: How much is an X Ray Please?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 10:02:53 pm »
That is what I'd expect too but she can ask them can't she, before she decides to go ahead.  Does she know of any injury she might have got when out walking, maybe jumping a fence or wall? I'm not sure why they'd give antibiotics for a limp.  Perhaps Metacam might be worthwhile.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 10:08:21 pm »
I was told £50 first X ray and a further £25 for each one after. They think she may  have broken a small bone in  her foot, I would have thought cage most of the day or kept an eye on, then only a toilet walk on the lead and painkillers, not sure they can do much else, they certainly cannot do much in humans unless its plaster!!! Hope its not bad....I worry that Rohan goes too frantic, not every worried about RHum, she is crafty and paces herself, a little run then walk beside me...Islay is not so frantic and more gentel, they are a worry as they age, a few years to go for mine  yet!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 10:10:03 pm »
I was told £50 first X ray and a further £25 for each one after. They think she may  have broken a small bone in  her foot, I would have thought cage most of the day or kept an eye on, then only a toilet walk on the lead and painkillers, not sure they can do much else, they certainly cannot do much in humans unless its plaster!!! Hope its not bad....I worry that Rohan goes too frantic, not every worried about RHum, she is crafty and paces herself, a little run then walk beside me...Islay is not so frantic and more gentel, they are a worry as they age, a few years to go for mine  yet!
I would agree exactly with that. Cage rest and Metacam.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS