Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Outwitted by Ben...or not?  (Read 3210 times)

sandy

Outwitted by Ben...or not?
« on: June 10, 2009, 01:34:55 pm »
Just made me smile, I have painted the trellis that separates the yard from the garden but not put back all the horrid looking re enforcements to prevent my dogs digging up plants, so now, while I am around (most of the time) I keep the gate open so they can sunbath but just went out to see Ben with a large root he had pulled from somewhere, I told him off a bit and he ran under the outdoor table, I then told him he was a bad boy and flicked the dead leaves at him although I don't think they as much as tickled him, he than ran inside and upstairs with loads of noise, now that would be no problem only we have someone on night shift and they would be woken if I went up to retrieve him as he was doing that puppy bounce, so, I saw he was watching me from nearly the top of the stairs so I got out a doggy treat, no he was not budging, then I gave Islay some chewy bone in front of him but No, he was NOT comming down, I then got some crispy bacon bits I had done to drop into a salad and put them in front of his nose, also giving Islay some, she went to the step just d0own from him to collect the bit he would not get, then, he came Down 2 steps so I changed hands so I could get his collar and the cunning dog went back up!!!!! Anyway, I eventually got him buy the collar, not telling him off and pulled him down the stairs, step by step, he is now in his house, no treats but I thought how clever he is, secretly I found it very endearing!!!!!!

sandy

Re: Outwitted by Ben...or not?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 01:38:02 pm »
Too late, he has been woken.......hope he drifts back to sleep as it's a bit grim outside......Blame Ben!!!

sandy

Re: Outwitted by Ben...or not?
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2009, 10:45:57 pm »
Hes done it again!!!! Had a great walk, he recalled every time and had several swims, said hello through the fence at the cattle then, a we neared the car he rolled franticly in a dead bird, evertime we went a bit near him he wet furter from us so we ignored him, then we encouraged him back in for a swim , that was Ok, then as we walked a bit nearer he took himself to see the cattle and they chased him!! he ran out of the field but then for aes he kept avoiding us, even the ranger could not get him..eventualy the ranger started up his quad, my partner appeared one side and I called him the other so he came to me!!!!!!!!!! Now I did not tell him off but, he is NOT going to outwit us again, strangly, he usualy comes every time but wen he gets a bee in his bonnet, especialy if someone raises thir voice he WILL NOT come back, I think the long rope is going to be used!!!!!! Anyway, some nice fisherman gave me a Brown Trout!!!!!! :P

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS