Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Solar PV Production  (Read 103869 times)

Dan

• The Accidental Smallholder
  • Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • Facebook
Re: Solar PV Production
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2013, 08:45:53 am »
328 for September.  :sunshine:

Big Light

• Joined Aug 2011
    • Facebook
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2013, 05:16:42 pm »
I think thats the end of the good months :sunshine: now  :raining: moving to  :gloomy:

Big Light

• Joined Aug 2011
    • Facebook
« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2013, 07:00:19 am »
154 for October
Thats our first full year in and 3332 units for the year :)

Possum

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Somerset
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2013, 12:07:28 pm »
From July to September we generated 1350 Kwh. We have a 4kw array on two strings. One facing south the other facing south west. Cant remember how much we generated last year but certainly not as much as this year.

Dan

• Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • Facebook
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2013, 05:09:26 pm »
175 for October here, been a good year.  :thumbsup:

cloddopper

• Joined Jun 2013
  • South Wales .Carmarthenshire. SA18
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2013, 08:35:35 pm »
I'm glad you guys are keeping a tally of the production .

Have any of you discovered any degradation of the production capability of the panels .. say two great  clear sky 18 oC sunny days a year apart giving noticeable differences ?
Strong belief , triggers the mind to find the way ... Dyslexia just makes it that bit more amusing & interesting

Dan

• Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • Facebook
« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2013, 08:16:12 am »
Our's doesn't store daily production figures and I only check each month, so couldn't say I'm afraid.

The manufacturers do publish production fall-off figures, but I suspect they are as reliable as the motor industry's MPG figures.

Big Light

• Joined Aug 2011
    • Facebook
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2013, 08:32:31 am »
Our's is only a year old, we try to take daily figures  - the only time i thought we had a little dip we ran the water hose over the panels as there had been some building going on nearby and i think it had produced alot of dust - it seemed to bring the figures up.  We got a guarantee with the panels of either a 5 or 10 percent max drop over the 20 years

Cactus Jack

• Joined Oct 2013
  • Tortosa catalunya
    • stevel100
« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2013, 09:59:21 am »
I always rinse off my panels once a month as it's very dry and dusty here and it normally improves by 10 -20% instantly. Makes a huge difference when it's all the power you have

cloddopper

• Joined Jun 2013
« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2013, 02:51:39 pm »
Well guys and gals  having talked things over with my lass she is of the opinion that we will most likely soon be putting in as large an array as allowed wrt getting the feed in tariff.

What has changed since I joined the site is that the various companies doing PV panels have now started saying  ... we now fit on East , South or West facing roof planes.

Before I made enquiries today the last time I checked it was still only fit to south facing roof planes .

Do any of you have split arrays ?
IE
One array either side of the roof apex ? If so any comments of any sort would be most welcome
 Secondly do any of you have just a single array on a west facing roof plane ?

I've asked these questions because our roof planes are facing almost true East & West  . Each roof being approx. ( 6 x  20 ) 120 sq. mtrs in area .
Strong belief , triggers the mind to find the way ... Dyslexia just makes it that bit more amusing & interesting

Big Light

• Joined Aug 2011
    • Facebook
« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2013, 07:48:42 pm »
We have a split 11 panels south and 5 west (as there was only room for 11 south) the west panel gives us a trickle later on in the day till dusk- especially in the summer) . they are on 2 separate strings so there is no issues created by one being shaded

Small Farmer

• Joined Jan 2012
  • Bedfordshire
« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2013, 09:51:20 pm »
We also have ours split, and separately wired.  I have no idea what the effect on output is but it obviously generates less for longer.

Mubadala in Abu Dhabi started a major comparative survey of PV panel efficiency about 5 years ago but I don't believe they ever published the results.  I do know that from the start there were very major differences between panels in terms of actual output and effective angle of operation.   All their panels were washed daily because  dust in the Gulf is a huge headache
Being certain just means you haven't got all the facts

cloddopper

• Joined Jun 2013
« Reply #42 on: November 26, 2013, 10:15:49 pm »
Well guys and gals we've taken the plunge .. getting a survey done  for 4kw all on  one a west facing roof .
 Price appears to be very very good will tell more as it happens .

I also asked about humidity control in the bungalow as we have a fully tanked wet room with two extractor fans but we still find it too humid inside .

Evidently there is a fairly local to me ( In the Welsh Valleys ) company called NU-AIRE ..   Who do a very good price on locally made Mechanical Ventilation & Heat Recovery (MVHR)systems. ( www. nuaire.co.uk)

This pulls in cclean external air ,takes the heat out of the exhausted moist air  & transfers it to the clean incoming air .

I've done a bit of searching before I go to this company just to get a flavour of things.  It sounds like this is what we are looking for and it will be a fraction of the £ 6,700  price I've been offered elsewhere for a similar system from a Bristol based company.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 12:11:47 am by cloddopper »

Big Light

• Joined Aug 2011
    • Facebook
« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2013, 09:26:15 pm »
Good luck
154 for November - good month we got exactly that in October - bizarre  :thinking:

Factotum

• Joined Jun 2012
« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2013, 10:49:47 pm »
We've got our installation booked for this week - 4kW array, with a SolarEdge inverter with individual optimisers for the panels. This allows monitoring for each panel and should tell us if one of the panels starts to go off spec.

Of course, today it started to snow, and tomorrow & Thursday are going to be 'exciting' with 60mph winds and more snow - just the time to have a couple of blokes clambering about on the roof!

Hopefully it will all be installed by the end of the week, in time for next week's sun.

Sue

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS