Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Solar PV Production  (Read 103854 times)

cloddopper

• Joined Jun 2013
  • South Wales .Carmarthenshire. SA18
Re: Solar PV Production
« Reply #225 on: August 19, 2015, 12:03:36 am »
Is the data logger a rotating drum and ink pen on a moving arm? ( Thinkof an  old fashioned lie detector on a vertical drum in a glass case)

If so that's what was put on my incoming ..... t'was a waste of time ,it did not pick up the two & three second spikes  caused by the fabricating company .

It was only when they put a solid state recorder and used a dual beam oscilloscope that the dirty mains showed up .
Strong belief , triggers the mind to find the way ... Dyslexia just makes it that bit more amusing & interesting

Sudanpan

• Joined Jan 2009
  • West Cornwall
    • Movement is Life
« Reply #226 on: August 19, 2015, 08:01:20 pm »
It is a solid state recorder - not exactly sure how they record it.

cloddopper

• Joined Jun 2013
« Reply #227 on: August 20, 2015, 07:35:12 pm »
That's good .
It can be read on a computer and be set via the reading programme to highlight all mains spikes , durations and event times , possibly also showing your generated input voltage .

let's hope it is the suppliers problem /faulty supply and not yours.

Strong belief , triggers the mind to find the way ... Dyslexia just makes it that bit more amusing & interesting

Greenerlife

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Leafy Surrey
« Reply #228 on: September 01, 2015, 09:42:05 am »
255 for August.  That is poor. :(

Big Light

• Joined Aug 2011
    • Facebook
« Reply #229 on: September 02, 2015, 05:50:47 am »
397 just a couple down on last year - feared it would be worse  :relief:

kingnigel

• Joined May 2009
  • Gainsborough
  • www.zabalaz.co.uk
    • Zabalaz Siberian Huskies
« Reply #230 on: September 05, 2015, 09:36:37 pm »
409 for last month. 429 previous year so a little down but not too bad

Sudanpan

• Joined Jan 2009
  • West Cornwall
    • Movement is Life
« Reply #231 on: September 07, 2015, 06:09:37 pm »
Again no idea - I was in the habit of keeping an eye on the generation figures via the internet data but with all the messing around the recording has not been happening. Of course I could have just taken readings from the meter but that would entail being organised......
As for the saga - it continues - we are now on our 3rd inverter. The 2nd one was still merrily tripping out due to the over-voltage issues, but then decided to quit 'seeing' the PV panels in any event so no generation happening at all! Western Power have acknowledged that there is an over-voltage issue on our branch line and have said they will be changing the transformer but did not give any timescale.
The new inverter is still tripping out.  :rant:

cloddopper

• Joined Jun 2013
« Reply #232 on: September 08, 2015, 12:20:58 am »
Good news about them accepting the over voltage issue, did you ask about compensation for loss of income and all the messing about you have had to do when in fact it is down to them?

We got a very satisfactory settlement when our supplier didn't follow the path they were supposed to .

If they haven't offered any comp I'd get in touch straight away by recorded post to the head honcho at their complaints dept,  so it is officially recorded that you are having a financial issue with them and are worried about the danger of over voltages above the legal norm affecting your electrical equipment & families safety .

When Stewart ( I've mentioned him previously ) had similar probs that's the route he took .
The local transformer was replaced four days afterwards and he hasn't had any problems since .
He wouldn't tell me what his compensation was , just gave me a big cheesy grin & a thumbs up ,so I assume it was eminently satisfactory .

In the early stages I don't think the electricity supply companies fully understood & made provisions for the effect of thousands of PV systems pushing power back into the system via  local transformers and the little kick up voltages each one produces when pushing juice back to them .

I haven't taken any reading for the PV production for August as I've recently up dated to windows 10 and it's not accepting my web cam nor my IP cam drivers plus HP the makers of my computer don't have any either . I can't get up into the area where the meter is at present due to still heavily recuperating from my spinal surgery.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 12:27:49 am by cloddopper »

Big Light

• Joined Aug 2011
    • Facebook
« Reply #233 on: September 30, 2015, 10:39:49 pm »
351 for September - well up  :excited:

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #234 on: October 01, 2015, 08:23:34 am »
Well, the man is coming tomorrow for me to sign on the dotted line. 16 panels are going on my garage.
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Dan

• The Accidental Smallholder
  • Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • The Accidental Smallholder
    • Facebook
« Reply #235 on: October 01, 2015, 11:04:37 am »
324 here for September, about 15% up on 2014.  :sunshine:

Sudanpan

• Joined Jan 2009
  • West Cornwall
    • Movement is Life
« Reply #236 on: October 01, 2015, 07:59:31 pm »
301 for Sept - though these aren't complete figures as our saga continues....
Compare that with 701 for 2014 and the impact of the grid voltage situation is very much in evidence.
According to Western Power they are changing the transformer on 27th Oct

Greenerlife

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Leafy Surrey
« Reply #237 on: October 02, 2015, 09:52:20 pm »
322 in Surrey - up a ridiculous 45% year on year!  :sunshine:

Big Light

• Joined Aug 2011
    • Facebook
« Reply #238 on: October 09, 2015, 08:24:52 pm »
10,000th unit generated  :idea: today  :excited: :excited: :excited: - 3 year anniversary is 29/10

Justin

• Joined Jun 2012
  • Devon
« Reply #239 on: October 14, 2015, 11:08:20 am »
My first full month since installation. 6Kw system, inverter limited to 3.8kw.
Devon, south facing.

625.71 kWh

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS