Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Riding Arena  (Read 3243 times)

Templelands

• Joined Apr 2012
  • Strathaven, South Lanarkshire
    • Templeland Cottage
Riding Arena
« on: December 29, 2012, 11:57:39 am »
Hi all
We were lucky enough to move to a place with stables and riding arena that we rent out for a bit of income. The riding arena surface needs replaced. I'm in Scotland, South Lanarkshire and am after advice on how to remove the current surface, it's 20m by 40m so lots to do, and what to replace it with. Something reasonably priced and durable.
Any thoughts?
Thanks!

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
Re: Riding Arena
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2012, 12:24:58 pm »
depends on the current construction, whats it surfaced with? is it on a solid base or a compacted stone base?

i dont do riding, i do do building, will you want to get rid of the current top stuff or will you have an alternative use for it somewhere on the holding?

Templelands

• Joined Apr 2012
    • Templeland Cottage
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2012, 12:48:44 pm »
Hey, it's a wood fibre based surface that will be added to the land in various areas. Told it will be good to fertilise and help with drying out some of the wet areas.

It's on a compacted stone base..

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2012, 12:55:59 pm »
for removal quickest and cheapest option is a mini digger and a mini dumper truck, size dependent on access etc, you can do it yourself, nice open area to learn in, or pay a driver, driver is much quicker if you don't know what your doing, (i always pay a driver).

depending how far the stuff needs to be moved to be dumped and how thick the layer is you are looking at 1-2 days to remove it all

Templelands

• Joined Apr 2012
    • Templeland Cottage
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2012, 01:01:15 pm »
Sounds like a plan. Any hire, or driver recommendations?

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2012, 01:04:40 pm »
not in your area sorry, always worth asking around, recommendation of good work is worth finding.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS