Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: smallholding/farm to "rent"  (Read 9330 times)

kevan.mw

• Joined Apr 2012
smallholding/farm to "rent"
« on: December 23, 2012, 10:24:41 am »
Hello, I have a smallholding/farm that i am thinking of "renting" on the English side of the scottish borders.[5miles to the border,north cumbria,CA6] It comes with river, woods and grass fields, paddocks and is a former Mill at the ford. I have let the property and land separately for the last 4years and this is also possible, everythings possible!! Im sticking the toe in the water here to see if there is any interest at all. I dont feel i should "sell" the picturesque nature and idyllic setting etc as thats for estate agents-in reality the 3bed traditional farmhoose comes with barns, courtyard and will need the essential enthusiasm for hard work, but thats offset by the gratification of  reward from the orchards damsons, apples and everything else from the garden,greenhouse etc,etc etc. I'm quite happy to go into finer details but in the first instance kevan.mw@gmail.com  The only thing i'm guessing will be asked immediateley is approx 50acres, and how much? [that is not as important as finding the right fit] best regards Kev. 

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
Re: smallholding/farm to "rent"
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2012, 05:01:00 pm »
So, so near to me and I would love it. 50 acres is a tad too much for a first timer starting from scratch  :-\

Hope you find the right person.

Victorian Farmer

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2012, 07:08:15 pm »
i no just the folks for that theyv got horses and very hard working .i no theyv been looking for a long time .There son is the steal fabricate would you be intrested in a long let .
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 11:51:40 pm by Victorian Farmer »

kevan.mw

• Joined Apr 2012
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2012, 10:13:58 pm »
So, so near to me and I would love it. 50 acres is a tad too much for a first timer starting from scratch  :-\

Many thanks.
It can be as little as an acre or so [front paddock/greenhouse/chicken sheds..maybe a pig or 3] like i said anythings possible, if your close get in touch via email.

kevan.mw

• Joined Apr 2012
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2012, 10:18:12 pm »
i no just the folks for that the got horses and very hard working .i no the been looking for a long time .There son is the steal fabricate would you be intrested in a long let .
Hello and many thanks for reply. Thats what i was looking for, a longtime let, please ask them to get in touch initially via email, regards. 

Victorian Farmer

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2012, 11:57:29 pm »
will do very good and honest people all the best

si-mate

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Kent
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2012, 09:29:38 am »

Take it on and in 12 months you'll be wanting more  ;)

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2012, 09:29:48 am »

Negotiate on the area and come be a nearly neighbour!!   :excited:

Take it on and in 12 months you'll be wanting more  ;)

If you could have a smaller acreage initially and then add more later - well, that's just a dream, isn't it?  :-J :eyelashes:
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 09:33:18 am by SallyintNorth »
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2012, 02:31:41 pm »

Yes, All just a dream Sally  :thinking: along with the flock of rylands and a couple of weeners, and my chooks free ranging   :roflanim:

You never know, sometimes dreams come true  :eyelashes:
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 02:35:39 pm by Mammyshaz »

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2012, 02:21:53 pm »
oooh!!  This is the area we would like to move to. We had a viewer for our cottage and little paddock last week, and he is coming back later in theweek.....to have a second look with his Dad .....and make us an offer, so he says.
Looks like Victorian Farmers friends may have this farm, though......

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2012, 10:34:23 am »

Yes, All just a dream Sally  :thinking: along with the flock of rylands and a couple of weeners, and my chooks free ranging   :roflanim:

You never know, sometimes dreams come true  :eyelashes:
I have all my  :fc: and toes  :fc: too that yours do!
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

ellied

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Fife
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2013, 02:25:32 pm »
Having originally bought 7 acres with a wee shed and thought my dream had come true, I then quickly found I "needed" more and wanted to live on site - sold that after 4 years and bought the current 10 acres with a house - and promptly realised I needed more so rented 20 acres for 9 years until I lost the lease due to retirement sale just as I was getting made redundant  ::) so had to pack everything off 30 acres into 10 so in short get more than you need rather than less or you'll regret it sooner than you think  ;D

50 with a house and buildings would be just ideal - and too dangerous  ;)   Someone needs to take this off the market before I start considering how bad it would be to move south of the border  :o   I'm already considering selling up here and the main problem is what to do with unsold stock during/after a move so rental has a certain appeal..   :thinking:
Barleyfields Smallholding & Kirkcarrion Highland Ponies
https://www.facebook.com/kirkcarrionhighlands/
Ellie Douglas Therapist
https://www.facebook.com/Ellie-Douglas-Therapist-124792904635278/

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS