Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Livestock Sitting as a business. Thank you all.  (Read 1506 times)

Pel

• Joined Mar 2009
Livestock Sitting as a business. Thank you all.
« on: December 18, 2012, 08:45:02 pm »
Hello everyone,
I wasnt sure where to put this.
I have now stopped running my business of Smallholding Sitting Service, and would like to thank everyone for the support they gave me. I started officially in July 2008 (unofficially in May) and had my last sitting end of October (2012). I have stopped due to my son turning 3 in January, and thought it be fair for him to meet kids (and all the bugs/virus/germs that go with it) before he started his half days at nursery school.
He has grown up being social with animals, on many occasion when its been raining and i've been feeding a client's goat I've found him sitting in a big muddy puddle happily splashing. He has been taught how to be gentle with animals, and he has taught me that I dont need to be afraid of letting him get to know them.. after a few hours what ever the animal and him have usually sussed each other out, knowing what their own boundaries and limitations towards each other.

I may be available for the odd weekend, for any of my "old" clients, but I'm unlikely to take on anyone new. Happy to board the occasional medium to small dog, if your local to me, in my house.. must be good with kids (son is used to all types of dogs, happy and grumpy).

I have someone local to me, who is willing to take on a couple of sittings for me.. she mainly does Pembrokeshire and Carmarthenshire, but would be willing to do Ceredigion too. I have also been in talks with Yvette (of Assist animal and child care) for the past couple of months, and she seems like a lovely mature lady, with tonnes of experience.

I'm happy to give advice on anyone wanting to get into the business of Livestock sitting. Most important thing is experience, and being able to drive.

Thank you all :)

P.s. christmas cards may be late sorry.

P.p.s At present I am working with the Forestry Commission Wales, on a temp contract, but hope to get something a little more stable and outdoors soon.
Love pigs; their language, intelligence, and taste.
NPTC in chainsaws (felling small trees) and HND in Agriculture with countryside management.
Farming it runs through the blood :D

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS