Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Our pregnant mamma is not looking good :(  (Read 18388 times)

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
Re: Our pregnant mamma is not looking good :(
« Reply #60 on: January 01, 2013, 11:30:19 am »
WOW at last, and two lots of new year babies to ooogle over. Congratulations  :thumbsup:

Will just wait patiently for piccies.  :excited:  :wave:

Fowgill Farm

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #61 on: January 01, 2013, 02:50:20 pm »
Bout blooming time told you it would be this week :thumbsup:
Well done girls, busy time now
What a new years pressie.
many congratulations
mandy :pig:

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
« Reply #62 on: January 01, 2013, 05:07:50 pm »
Congratulations  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:  finally and a double dose at that amazing - so glad it turned out so well
Pygmy Goats, Shetland Sheep, Zip & Indie the Border Collies, BeeBee the cat and a wreak of a building to renovate!!

Susannah

• Joined Sep 2012
  • Pencaitland
« Reply #63 on: January 01, 2013, 05:14:26 pm »
I am so happy for you, I was beginning to dread reading your posts! I can't believe how quickly the time goes by watching piglets!  :excited:
Jacob sheep, Shetland cows, Pygmy goats, Chinese geese, Khaki Campbell ducks.

Mrs Snoodles

• Joined Aug 2012
« Reply #64 on: January 01, 2013, 07:45:19 pm »
I am so happy for you, I was beginning to dread reading your posts! I can't believe how quickly the time goes by watching piglets!  :excited:

Believe me...I was beginning to dread her having them!  I got the dead stock numbers listed to hand, fearing the worse. I still get a big rush when I think that she and her piglets got through.  I just wonder why she struggled so much for that week before Xmas.

Thanks for all your kind posts everyone  :-*

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #65 on: January 02, 2013, 09:28:01 am »
Yippee! So glad it's turned out well and hope mums and piglets continue to thrive :thumbsup:

I had started reading your posts with one eye closed and from behind a cushion  ;D

Tamsaddle

• Joined May 2011
  • Hampshire, near Portsmouth
« Reply #66 on: January 02, 2013, 09:40:10 am »
Congratulations - what a huge relief that must have been.   Any chance of photos ????  Tamsaddle

HappyHippy

« Reply #67 on: January 02, 2013, 09:56:24 am »
[Believe me...I was beginning to dread her having them!  I got the dead stock numbers listed to hand, fearing the worse. I still get a big rush when I think that she and her piglets got through.  I just wonder why she struggled so much for that week before Xmas.

I wondered if maybe she'd hurt a leg or it was a reaction to coming in Mrs S - I don't think you're ever going to know though. Hopefully just a one off  :fc: at least mammy pig and babies are doing well, that's the main thing  :thumbsup:

ZacB

• Joined Apr 2012
  • Suffolk
« Reply #68 on: January 02, 2013, 11:15:29 am »
Great news Mrs S. Looking forward to the piccies  :excited:

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
« Reply #69 on: January 03, 2013, 06:19:00 pm »
I know pigs are way different to goats but one of my girls due date 150 days on the 11th was looking a bit down a week or so ago and very slow on her feet and I didn't think she would make it to a safe term for the kids - then all of a sudden before I was really worried she perked up and now looks like she'll be on time give or take a day or so.

My thoughts were the kids grow a lot in the last few weeks and possibly was taking its toll until she got used to things - do piglets do a lot of growing in the last few weeks?
Pygmy Goats, Shetland Sheep, Zip & Indie the Border Collies, BeeBee the cat and a wreak of a building to renovate!!

HappyHippy

« Reply #70 on: January 03, 2013, 07:03:28 pm »
Yes, piglets do most of their growing in the last 4 weeks.

Mrs Snoodles

• Joined Aug 2012
« Reply #71 on: January 06, 2013, 08:20:24 pm »
Our sow is looking really good now  :thumbsup: She has lost alot of her bulk and is much sharper on her feet.  The piglets are thriving - they have found their creep area and are routinely tucking into huge clumps of mud and celery alongside mum.

I am going to chance it and breed from her again, later on in the year.  Although our vet reckoned she was in good shape when I put her to the boar last, I plan to get some weight off of her, keep her ranging for as long as possible (using her legs!) and get her into her farrowing quarters late.    :fc: things to go a bit better in the summer!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS