Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: integrating wood stove with oil combi  (Read 3368 times)

trefnantbach

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Anglesey
integrating wood stove with oil combi
« on: December 14, 2012, 09:23:38 pm »
has anyone experience of broseley woodburners. they claim to have a new safety cold water system so dont need extra feed or expansion tanks and can be connected to an existing combi system

Aardvarker

• Joined Jan 2012
Re: integrating wood stove with oil combi
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2012, 09:04:35 pm »
At first sight this looks like just the wood-burner with boiler I've been looking for.
Therefore many thanks for posting.

Having investigated the hardware for linking pressurized and open, heated-water CH systems I'd given up 'cos of the cost of the heat exchanger and the kilometres of pipe work needed.
I'd therefore opted for a self design / build blown air system for my SE wood-burner with boiler.
Broseley seem to have solved my problem :

What is the Safety Cold Water System?
The Safety Cold Water System has been developed to run a woodburning boiler stove on a sealed heating system. .... A sealed heating system boiler facilitates the integration of solid fuel boilers into the house existing heating system without the need for any means of incorporating a vented boiler into an unvented system and the associated pipe work and controls.
I'll be checking prices, and if fitting is a DIY task, which will be the major critical factor :sunshine: :farmer: 
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 07:23:34 am by Dan »

marjories wee acres

• Joined Feb 2013
Re: integrating wood stove with oil combi
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 09:37:01 pm »
do you have link to this stove ? i have sealed calor gas condensing boiler and am looking into connecting wood burner with back boiler but when you mention it to plumbers they do the shake the head and we,re really busy cheerio thing
the only one who seemed to have thought it through seemed to think extra tanks , expansion tanks ,rads for heat sinks and no end of elec valves

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS