Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: 13.2hh Sec C type mare for loan. Super kids pony. Powys/Shrops borders.  (Read 2507 times)

Brijjy

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Mid Wales
 I am offering my Sec C type mare, Shanny, up for loan to a good, loving home who will have some fun with her. She is approximately 16 years young. She belonged to a riding school prior to us having her. We've had her for about 7 years. She has had some nice foals and for the last two years she has been brought back into ridden work. I don't think she is broken to drive though.
  My kids have been riding her but one lost interest and one has lost confidence on her. This was absolutely no fault of Shannys though. She is a quick walker and does outpace my Fell pony. However she doesn't pull and she isn't strong at all. My kids started with her on a lead rein and then being led from another horse and then to riding on their own. Shanny has done all this without any trouble. I have never known her to buck or kick under saddle. She loves to go out for rides either on her own or in company.
  I am a bit gutted not to be able to use her but my daughter just never 'clicked' with her, whereas she has with the Fell pony.
   Shanny is very easy to do and loads into trailers with no problem. She doesn't need rugging but because she is getting older, she does appreciate being stabled during the bad weather. She is just on hay and pony nuts with a salt lick and a bit of cider vinegar in her water. As long as we've had her, she's not had laminitis. Her feet are solid and she hasn't been shod while we've had her. She's not at all footy.
Shanny is a great pony and I would say she would be suitable for a slightly older child starting riding and she will take them on. I only say older child because she is 13.2hh not because she is a handful. If anyone is interested please message me and I'll get back to you with my phone number and we can have a chat. I've tried to put pictures on here but they aren't small enough. There are a load of pics on my FaceBook page. If you search for Brigit Clacy, I'm the only one on there!
Silly Spangled Appenzellers, Dutch bantams, Lavender Araucanas, a turkey called Alistair, Muscovy ducks and Jimmy the Fell pony. No pig left in the freezer, we ate him all!

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
Re: 13.2hh Sec C type mare for loan. Super kids pony. Powys/Shrops borders.
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 07:08:03 pm »
Hope you find the right home for her, she sounds nice.

Brijjy

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Mid Wales
Re: 13.2hh Sec C type mare for loan. Super kids pony. Powys/Shrops borders.
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2012, 07:51:46 pm »
She is lovely. I've had a couple of enquiries so far. One sounds promising and they are relatively local too. Fingers crossed.
Silly Spangled Appenzellers, Dutch bantams, Lavender Araucanas, a turkey called Alistair, Muscovy ducks and Jimmy the Fell pony. No pig left in the freezer, we ate him all!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS