Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Farm shop work ( book on how to make all sorts of things)  (Read 7308 times)

rustyme

Farm shop work ( book on how to make all sorts of things)
« on: February 28, 2008, 12:57:19 am »
here is a link for a downloadable book from 1915 . It covers how to make all sorts of things for the farm ... very handy book .When you are on the page , you can read online by just clicking the moving pages of the book in VIEW THE BOOK . Or you can download it by clicking your choice of file below the picture, I download the pdf file. Take a look about on the site in general also . There is some very interesting stuff on there and lots of books to either read online or download.
 http://www.archive.org/details/farmshopworkprac00bracuoft

hope you all find something of interest on there  !!!!

cheers

Russ

Carolinajim

• Joined Dec 2008
  • Eastern North Carolina, USA
    • Red Bay Farm
Re: Farm shop work ( book on how to make all sorts of things)
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2008, 12:59:56 pm »
Thanks for putting pointing out this link!  Lots of useful applications that could be used today.  Like the information on concrete work, building a workbench, using tools, and plans.

Really like the flip book.  I could read it even without my glasses. :)
Best Regards,
Jim
www.redbayfarm.com a website about a small 46 acre family owned tree farm
Become Carbon Neutral - Buy Land and Plant Trees

rustyme

Re: Farm shop work ( book on how to make all sorts of things)
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2008, 01:28:37 pm »
Glad it is of interest . As you say there are lots of things that can be used today in there. We have got used to buying everything ready made off the shelf , and have (in general), lost abilities/skills, that our forefathers had , but with all the old books that are now available online , we can re learn most of them . Plus they are just good reading (for me anyway). As for reading it without specs, I couldn't even see the computer screen without mine  :o ::) ;D blind as a bat I am ....If I had the money I would use one modern technology in an instant ....laser treatment on the eyes.....I have been wearing glasses for 45 years now , and I would love to wake up and be able to see clearly right away....lol.....

cheers

Russ

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS