Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Milking Pom  (Read 2443 times)

ASSIST ACS

• Joined Jun 2012
  • Shropshire
Milking Pom
« on: December 03, 2012, 09:16:25 pm »
 :goat: :excited: Thanks to 'the mad goat woman of Madeley' as she describes herself (she isn't mad at all - just loves her goats, which is an admirable character trait in my humble opinion) and her gentle Saanan nanny called Pom, I have had a refresher lesson in hand milking a goat (quite a few years since I did that on a cleint's Anglo- Nubian).  Pom even let me trim her feet in exchange for some Rich Tea biscuits!  Met her son Curry and her stable mate Cloud too when I gave them their supper, plus the 3 dogs who made me very welcome.  Looking forward to some bookings for folk needing relief care of their goats in the future as I'm now "hooked"!
Yvette

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
Re: Milking Pom
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 10:17:02 pm »
And I can tell you all that Yvette did a very good job with both.  I would recommend her.

PS Yvette there's no need to tell everyone I'm not mad.  I do have  areputation to keep up you know.   :roflanim:

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2012, 11:42:41 pm »
Goats are just so funny, I would love one...who knows!!! :wave:

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2012, 10:28:10 pm »
Go for it.  You won't regret it.  Except maybe when the weather is atrocious and you still have to go and milk.   ;)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS