Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: What a wet start to the weekend  (Read 2939 times)

Rhyan & Melissa

• Joined Dec 2008
  • Lincolnshire
What a wet start to the weekend
« on: June 06, 2009, 05:47:13 am »
Bugger it!

its 5 am, just got up, dressed, packed the guns - only to open the curtains and find its chucking it down. I'll be canceling going shooting then....

My Saturday do to list was:

1/ Shooting

2/ Paint the fencing

3/ Re-felt the shed

4/ Water the Butternut squash plants (been done for me!)

5/ Clean the car and the truck

Think I will go back to bed!
Rhyan & Melissa

Pea Pod Burgundy Ltd

Blog:      www.peapodburgundy.blogspot.com/
Twitter:   www.twitter.com/peapodburgundy
Web:      www.peapodburgundy.co.uk

You can also find us on Facebook and Myspace!

JD

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Glasgow
Re: What a wet start to the weekend
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2009, 07:51:12 am »
Here in Glasgow I got up at 6 to a cloudy sky and light rain and I thought change of plan for today but now its a clear blue sky and sunshine so original plan now back on.
Clean out chicken coop, water vegetables, plant out more veg seedlings, pot up chillies, clean greenhouse floor, take about 20 bags of garden refuse to tip (from other folks gardens), mow lawns, get a haircut and then meet up with friends to watch the Derby.
JD

HappyHippy

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2009, 10:28:53 am »
Being just down the road (kinda) from JD I can also report clear, sunny skies  8)
Looks lovely, til you step out the door and realise how cold it is !!!
The kids were in the paddling pool last weekend, no chance of that today - they don't even want to go outside (SO not like them !) All I've got to do though is water my veggies, so will be getting them out for a walk whether they like it or not !

Rhyan & Melissa

• Joined Dec 2008
  • Lincolnshire
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2009, 10:32:50 am »
At last its stopped raining!

Mel is at Strawberry Fair today in Cambridge, so me and Tabby have just had breakfast (little sod nicked the bacon off my plate), Think I will fetch some feed, move some rubbish and re-instate that postponed shooting trip!
Rhyan & Melissa

Pea Pod Burgundy Ltd

Blog:      www.peapodburgundy.blogspot.com/
Twitter:   www.twitter.com/peapodburgundy
Web:      www.peapodburgundy.co.uk

You can also find us on Facebook and Myspace!

Townie

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Fife
    • http://www.townie.wordpress.com
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2009, 11:16:22 am »
Its a bit of a mixture up here.. sunshine and rain, but there is a bitter easterly wind blowing through ... wondering if my washing will ever dry on the line, its been soaked twice  ;D

MiriMaran

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2009, 01:45:39 pm »
The pouring rain has just stopped here after raining all night.  Have taken the children to their swimming lessons and then onto the local agricultural supplier.

I have 4 20kg sacks of pig food in the back of my car that need lugging up to the field and I know me carrying a sack through mud is a recipe for disaster!  Need to clean chickens out, which will take ages in this weather and then I need to take Oliver to a birthday party.

Hope tomorrow is better - we are supposed to be collecting 22 hens + hen house 7 need to lug the hen house into the field - any strong people in Derbyshire to help!!!!

sandy

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2009, 11:26:43 pm »
What a strange dau weather wise, Sun then rain then wind then sun etc etc. We had a lot of cleaning and had to paint the fence and the shed ready for the new Chickens next week, I am soooooo excited and happy to be providing freedom to 5 Ex Barrery Hens. We have only just had our meal as we have been outside painting while the light is good enough, good night all :)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS