Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Yummy bread.  (Read 1844 times)

NormandyMary

• Joined Apr 2011
Yummy bread.
« on: December 03, 2012, 11:56:57 am »
I made some white bread dough yesterday (in the breadmaker) for a white loaf and a few rolls. Once I formed the loaf and put it in the tin, I went off the idea of rolls and decided to make something nice to go with some soup. I took out a packet of lardons from the fridge, choppped a small onion and par-cooked them in the microwave. I then kneaded them into the dough and formed it into an oblong to prove. It rose and cooked beautifully.
OH was poorly and spent most of the day in bed, when he got up he fancied something light to eat so I gave him a ploughmans with the bacon and onion bread. He thought that I had bought it! I have to say though it was delicious, I may even make a few this afternoon to put in the freezer for Christmas. It would be lovely with some cold turkey inside!

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
Re: Yummy bread.
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 12:27:00 pm »
That sounds very nice and I wouldn't have thought of par-cooking in the microwave. I might just have to give this a go myself.
At the moment I have onions on the stove caramelising for a tart this evening. Caramelised onions would go well in the dough too I think.
Sally
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

NormandyMary

• Joined Apr 2011
Re: Yummy bread.
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2012, 02:29:35 pm »
That sounds very nice and I wouldn't have thought of par-cooking in the microwave. I might just have to give this a go myself.
At the moment I have onions on the stove caramelising for a tart this evening. Caramelised onions would go well in the dough too I think.
Sally
Ooh yes Sally caremalised onions would be great. I only par-cook the onion and bacon, mainly for the bacon so that it isnt too chewy in the bread. The lardons you buy over here can sometimes be a bit on the tough side so its best to play safe!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS