Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Les Miserables (a star is born)  (Read 2405 times)

rustyme

Les Miserables (a star is born)
« on: June 06, 2009, 01:06:26 am »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQI_NqpNsIM

I really love the music from Les Mis...and I like the version of 'I dreamed a dream' by the now famous Susan Boyle, although Ruthie Henshall sings it far better IMO. Anyway the above video is of a 15 year old singing at school . He sings the song 'Stars' , and I think has an absolutely fantastic voice for a youngster. I think we may see much more of him in years to come .
  Oh and here is Ruthie Henshall singing 'I dreamed a dream '

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yt-IBJpEMzA&NR=1

Sorry to bore those that hate Les Mis ...I love it !!!

cheers

Russ

Crofter

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Isle of Lewis
  • We'll get there!
    • Ravenstar
Re: Les Miserables (a star is born)
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2009, 08:05:32 am »
That lad is amazing!

Dave
Comfortable B&B on a working Croft on the Isle of Lewis. www.Ravenstar.co.uk

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2009, 08:51:00 am »
Russ, search you tube for Petula Clarks version of "I dreamed a dream", it is very moving.

As for Ruthie, I was at a concert last year in Hyde Park to celebate the 60th birthday of Andrew Lloyd Webber and Ruthie was one of the performers. After her set she came out into the audience and stood almost next  to us with her 2 children. She danced the night away having a great time with the kids and she was still dressed in her evening dress, she was so "down to earth" and came over as a very nice person. Just before the end she said goodbye to us and went back on stage for the finale.

For the record I also love Les Mis, saw it many times in Edinburgh and again at the end of last year in London. I never tire of that and Phantom of the Opera.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 12:07:21 pm by jameslindsay »

rustyme

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2009, 12:45:50 pm »
lol Petula Clark is my all time favourite female singer and I listen to her version of it very often, along with anything else by her. I especially like ' Love this is my song ' by her  , I wore out 3 records of that when I was a kid ...lol... yes I was a saddo even then ... ::).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8XmLuTmKIM
I should think everyone knows this , but in case anyone doesn't, Charlie Chaplin wrote that song. I grew up listening to Pet and to Matt Munro, they are my favourite singers to this day. My mum and dad worked on the buses with Matt Munro , my dad hated him , but mum loved him . 
  Of the more modern singers Ruthie is number 1 on my list . It is a shame there aren't any programmes on tv nowdays , where we get to see and hear people like her. Instead we see them as judges on dancing comp shows ??? Strange world these days. I too like Phantom , although Les Mis is number 1, but Phantom is very close !! . Sarah Brightman did phantom brilliantly . She also did the best version of 'Nella Fantasia ' ever !! absolutely beautiful . The instrumental version from the film was also beautiful 'Gabriel's Oboe' on the clip below you get both versions together.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9i53wNgH5wU

cheers

Russ
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 01:02:30 pm by rustyme »

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2009, 05:11:34 pm »
I too like Petula Clark. I saw her in "Sunset Boulevard" in London many years ago and then 2 years ago her tour brought her to Perth and I went to see her again and she was incredible and she's no "spring chicken".

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS