Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Wobbly Legs  (Read 1340 times)

Draygor

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Soar, Brecon, Powys
Wobbly Legs
« on: November 30, 2012, 03:07:22 pm »
Hi everyone, I hatched out 6 chicks of various breeds at the end of September (2 light Sussex, 1 cream legbar, 1 wyandot and the other 2 I think are Marans). All has been going well until a week or so ago.  :)

1 of the light Sussex ran up to the feeder 1 day and was very unstable on its legs. Concerned, I scoured the internet looking for possible causes and watched videos on Mareks disease, Newcastle disease etc, but could find nothing that matched what this looked like.  :o

I quarantined it for a week, gave it vitamins every day, and it is and has always been eating and drinking fine, although seems to be a little underweight compared to the other chicks.  :-\

The main symptoms are that it shakes its head from side to side like something is irritating it. For all the world it looks like when a human has an inner ear problem and it affects their balance. I did find something about ear mites in chickens and wondered if this might be the issue?  ???

Can anyone shed some light on this for me please?  :fc:

Thanks
Tim

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS