SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
Re: Help
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2012, 09:03:53 am »
Taking pity on you Sylvia.

There's a film Fatal Attraction, in which the married man played by Michael Douglas has a supposedly one-night stand with an attractive woman, played by the inestimable Glenn Close.  She, however, isn't satisfied with the casual one-nighter and tries to turn it into something a lot more.  He resists, actually being a happily married family man whose family was out of town at the time, so she stalks him. 

Anyone who hasn't seen the film and wants to, stop reading now.

Anyone under the age of 16, and/or who has a big soft spot for bunny rabbits, stop reading now.

The bit most people remember and talk about is where she's broken into the family home, and leaves the child's pet rabbit in a pot simmering on the stove.

Hence, unhinged predatory women have ever thereafter been known as 'bunny boilers'.
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

quiltycats

• Joined Nov 2012
  • Ooop North
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2012, 09:51:55 am »
Taking pity on you Sylvia.

There's a film Fatal Attraction, in which the married man played by Michael Douglas has a supposedly one-night stand with an attractive woman, played by the inestimable Glenn Close.  She, however, isn't satisfied with the casual one-nighter and tries to turn it into something a lot more.  He resists, actually being a happily married family man whose family was out of town at the time, so she stalks him. 

Anyone who hasn't seen the film and wants to, stop reading now.

Anyone under the age of 16, and/or who has a big soft spot for bunny rabbits, stop reading now.

The bit most people remember and talk about is where she's broken into the family home, and leaves the child's pet rabbit in a pot simmering on the stove.

Hence, unhinged predatory women have ever thereafter been known as 'bunny boilers'.

The film was on the telly the other night, and I must say I was a bit peeved at the continuity announcer who prefaced the films start, with, "This gives a whole new meaning to bunny boiler".  You would think a continuity announcer would know that the film was the origin of the phrase ... literally.

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2012, 03:28:19 pm »
Ah, thank you Sally. I've asked my sons things like this before to be given the shocked sideways look and "Mother!! For Goodness sake" things :o :o  I think I must get out more :-\

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2012, 04:31:42 pm »
Bunny boiler psycopathic possesive woman usually, prepared to go to any lengths to gain the object of there desire, even boiling the pet bunny as a threat as to what else may happen!!! It comes from a film but I can't remember what its called!!!

Ina

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Aberdeenshire
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2012, 04:36:06 pm »
The things you learn on TAS...  ::)

Thank you for essential education.  ;D

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2012, 08:28:08 am »
Bunny boiler psycopathic possesive woman usually, prepared to go to any lengths to gain the object of there desire, even boiling the pet bunny as a threat as to what else may happen!!! It comes from a film but I can't remember what its called!!!

You got me on Ignore, David? 
See my previous answer
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2012, 08:32:07 am »
no i haven't sally how could i ignore you  :excited: :excited: :excited:

i missed that somehow totally sorry xxx

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2012, 09:03:14 pm »
Now we're all admitting our ignorance (well, some of us anyway) can I ask what pmsl is?

ppd

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Sutherland
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2012, 09:05:05 pm »
pmsl = peed myself laughing a bit like :roflanim: on here but with nappies :innocent:

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2012, 10:02:20 am »
Oh, now I want Dan to find an emotiwotsit like  :roflanim: but that has a little arc of wee going up in the air...

And I found a wiki page lists them all...

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2012, 03:11:04 pm »

pmsl = peed myself laughing a bit like :roflanim: on here but with nappies :innocent:

I thought that was due to being pregnant too often.   :roflanim:
Oh, now I want Dan to find an emotiwotsit like  :roflanim: but that has a little arc of wee going up in the air...

If my first assumption is correct, it should be a little puddle appearing underneath.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS