Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Movement Document/Animal Transport Certificate  (Read 2174 times)

smee2012

• Joined Sep 2012
Movement Document/Animal Transport Certificate
« on: November 27, 2012, 02:34:33 pm »
I'm just in the process of getting my lambs ready to go on their one-way trip ( :yum: ) and I'm ordering some replacement slaughter tags from Supplies for Smallholders. They also have in their shop a farm record book called Animal Transport (Certificate) Register. Is this the same as the Movement Document from Defra? We had a movement document when our sheep were delivered - it's a pink carbon copy - but I'm unsure whether this is the same thing that I need to fill out to transport my sheep for slaughter. I know that I can download the AML document but then do I need to make a copy of that because it obviously won't have any carbon copies underneath?

Argggghhhhh! Why is sheep keeping so complicated? All I want is some nice meat to eat!!   ::)

in the hills

• Joined Feb 2012
Re: Movement Document/Animal Transport Certificate
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 03:13:43 pm »
Don't know much about this but when we went to collect our tup (on loan to us) his owner had downloaded the movement forms and so we filled in multiple copies as there obviously weren't the carbon forms attached. Just the same thing though, one to destination, one for haulier, one to send off and so on. Sure someone with more experience will be along soon but HTH.

Foobar

• Joined Mar 2012
  • South Wales
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 03:52:39 pm »
Phone your local Trading Standards (or local Animal Health office) and they will send you the proper AML forms to save you having to print your own.

smee2012

• Joined Sep 2012
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2012, 07:58:44 pm »
Thanks both, I did actually phone my Animal Health office and have some AML1 forms coming to me soon.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS