Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Post Code  (Read 2319 times)

bucketman

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Sutherland Scotland
Post Code
« on: November 21, 2012, 12:45:46 pm »
Well food has done really well this week. Les has been doing take aways for one of the shooting estates and she done a 60th meal. We have more meals booked for the weekend and we have a music night on Saturday which may be fun.
So on to my rant we are trying to renew the stuff in the kitchen all over really. So we look at the net see what we want for the price we want and its free delivery to mainland UK thats good. So order the stuff put post code in and there's a charge cos we live in the Highlands some places wont even send stuff to us at all. But you get that
I am going to live the dream

tizaala

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Dolau, Llandrindod Wells,Powys
Re: Post Code
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 12:48:57 pm »
Try Nisbets.co.uk catering supply stuff and equipment they have an online catalogue :fc:

lachlanandmarcus

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2012, 01:08:42 pm »
If theres anything worse than that its the fact that a lot of places you cant find that out until you have spent HOURS specifying the whole detailed order.
Or the ones who do it despite their advertising claim of 'Free nationwide delivery'.
Some are better - they may only offer a slightly slower delivery but it doesnt cost more - thats OK in my book. Some dont charge extra at all - even better.
Altho we are often not counted as Highlands and Islands we sometimes are, and if I cant see that they will deliver, and what cost, before making a specific order, I shop elsewhere.

bucketman

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Sutherland Scotland
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2012, 01:54:23 pm »
Have done £5 to IV post codes they said its because for IV post codes they use Fedex

ppd

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Sutherland
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2012, 02:00:02 pm »
Oh it annoys me too :rant:
I was trying to order spices for curing the other day and yes, spent ages getting the order set up, putting in all my details etc and on the last step my order cost doubled because of the £11 for postage >:( >:( >:( >:(
I got them from another supplier, but sometimes you have to through this procedure a few times before you find one with reasonable postage and quite frankly I feel myself loosing the will to live :(

bucketman

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Sutherland Scotland
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2012, 02:14:54 pm »
nisbits say £10 for under £50 £5 for over £50 and free over £100. With it being winter where watching the pennys the things we wanted where only £25 but will spend £50 and pay the £5. Its just when you look at there web site there a big flash at the top FREE MAINLAND DELIVERY and then the small print except the highlands. wouldnt mind but we live on an A road and have vans coming past all the time. >:(

lachlanandmarcus

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2012, 03:59:43 pm »
and what gets me even more is the ones that make you register for their website - and then tell you they wont sell to you cos of postcode, and theres no mechanism to unregister your details. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :huff:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS