Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Ashford spinning wheel for sale  (Read 2318 times)

lestansange

• Joined Nov 2012
Ashford spinning wheel for sale
« on: November 21, 2012, 11:20:43 am »
This is a robust and easy to use spinning wheel which comes with lazy Kate, bobbins and carders.  Just needs a drive band.  Pictures available on request.
I am asking £100 for it collected (Co Durham) plus carriage if sent.

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
Re: Ashford spinning wheel for sale
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 01:04:14 pm »
That's a good buy if it and the carders are in good working order.

Do you know how old it is? If you post a pic we can probably age it to within 5 years or so, or you can do it yourself using the Ashford Traditional Timeline

Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

lestansange

• Joined Nov 2012
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2012, 04:29:44 pm »
Thanks for that Sallyintnorth.  I would date wheel in early 1980's.  Needs a good clean and oil but all parts working.  Its had a long rest - 20 years!!!

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2012, 05:00:03 pm »
If you haven't had any response on here, lestansange, can I suggest you post it in the For Sale section on the Ashford UK Spinners group on Ravelry?  Otherwise let your local Guilds know - I don't know anyone in the Durham Guild, but if you post in the Ravelry group that'll hit people in your other local(ish) Guild and two nearby spinners' groups, at least ;)
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS