Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: The boys are playing up tonight.  (Read 2008 times)

NormandyMary

• Joined Apr 2011
The boys are playing up tonight.
« on: December 01, 2012, 09:27:34 pm »
Billy and Toby will NOT go into their house tonight to go to bed. Ive tried countless times, trying to entice them with their favourite biscuits, rattling their food bowl and loads of sweet talking. All to no avail. Ive had to leave the gate to their run open and obviously the door to their house, they also have the wood barn where their hay is stored, so Im hoping they will choose one or the other and go to sleep. This is the first time they have played me up for months, normally it takes me a few minutes to do the whole lot, feed, hay, water, treat, short story, bed. Its not so cold tonight and their coats are very thick, but I know that I shall have a restless night hoping that they are OK.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
Re: The boys are playing up tonight.
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 10:44:03 pm »
Funny how they get these moods on them.  Pom played up yesterday for the friend who was milking and he only managed to get quarter pint from her (it's usuallyj ust over a pint).  this was after he had struggled for ages to get her to come in to be milked.  By evening she was fine again and gave me two and a quarter pints.  Back to normal this morning.

NormandyMary

• Joined Apr 2011
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2012, 08:48:44 am »
Well, the boys were still hanging around when I went to bed. When I got up, they were still walking around, so I dont know whether they either went home or went into the wood barn to sleep. One thing..I noticed that Billy's tail wasnt curling up as normal yesterday which I take to mean he wasnt feeling quite himself. Anyway, today its back in the curly up position as normal and the boys have been playing together locking horns etc which I think is a good sign. I just cross my fingers that it gets better tonight. Ive seen from our latest weather forecast that we could get a bit of snow from Tuesday. Ill go down and check their house later to make sure they are not afraid of anything but it did look okay last night. These animals are such a worry!

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2012, 11:19:47 pm »
Have they gone in tonight Mary?
sometimes it only takes something to startle them and they may think something is still hiding in there? (going by how my girls react once something has made them jump a bit)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS