Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Change to PM emails  (Read 14825 times)

Dan

• The Accidental Smallholder
  • Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • The Accidental Smallholder
    • Facebook
Change to PM emails
« on: November 17, 2012, 09:07:13 pm »
We've made a small change to the PM notification emails that are sent to members when they receive a new personal message.

Previously the email contained the text of the PM. Unfortunately a significant number of members were replying to the notification email, despite the warning in capital letters that it was a notification email only.  ::) :)

The new email notification has a link to your inbox, so the PM text is only a click (or two) away.

Thanks for reading.

Dan  :)

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
Re: Change to PM emails
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, 12:14:49 am »
I'm a bit confused  ??? Not very cyberliterate  :innocent: I do reply to the messages I'm sent.  I press 'reply'. Can I do this, I havent noticed any warnings but  may be just due to ignorance on my part  :eyelashes:
Sorry if i am guilty of the crime  :o

lachlanandmarcus

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2012, 12:30:33 am »
Its fine to reply Mammyshaz if you are reading the PM while in the forum - this was just a problem with people getting email alert in their email inbox about them having a PM in the forum - because the email had the text of the PM in it, people would use (despite the warnings) their email reply function to try to respond to the PM, which of course wouldnt work as they werent actually accessing the PM, just a copy of the text from it.
It will be less confusing now that the emails wont have the text of the PM, so no danger of people trying to reply from their email rather than via PM on the forum, as they wont be able to read the PM other than in the forum.

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2012, 12:51:36 am »
 :o oh I hope I wasn't guilty of that! I usually do reply on the forum but have read the email alerts in my box too.  ( hoping I didn't reply, but now definitely know not to  :eyelashes: )
 thanks LAM

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS