Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: field shelter  (Read 9820 times)

in the hills

• Joined Feb 2012
Re: field shelter
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2012, 10:05:16 am »
 :wave:  Hi Bionic

OH built a shelter similar to the one shown by Smee2012. Ours is solid at the sides but not boarded right to the top. We used ours during lambing too as we have no other out-buildings.

In our other paddock, we have a corrugated shelter ..... bit like a pig arc .......it can be moved around.

They do use them despite having thick hedges and mature trees.

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2012, 10:09:05 am »
Thanks ITH
Sally
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Victorian Farmer

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2012, 10:20:51 am »
Fleecewife    iv just seen you re stock just fantastic a credit to you ,and rare breeds iv just got some amrock utility from France .

Garmoran

• Joined Dec 2012
  • Lochaber, Highland
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2012, 11:50:04 pm »
The problem with shelters is that they all get in them, cram together and then you get the same disease risk you would from housing sheep.

Reading this I remembered a very wet family holiday in Harris and the image of a bus shelter near Tarbert, absolutely packed full of sheep sheltering from the rain...

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2012, 09:14:07 am »
Reading this I remembered a very wet family holiday in Harris and the image of a bus shelter near Tarbert, absolutely packed full of sheep sheltering from the rain...
:roflanim:  I can just picture that, too  :D
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2012, 09:18:49 am »
Going slightly off the subject... some years ago when I was in Australia we were visiting a big park when there was a heavy rain shower. I found an open sided shack to shelter under only to find I was joined by all the kangeroos who it seems don't like rain either.
It made a very funny picture  :roflanim:
Sally
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS