Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Wanted: Raw Fleece - Perthshire  (Read 2629 times)

Tracy M

• Joined Nov 2012
Wanted: Raw Fleece - Perthshire
« on: November 12, 2012, 10:38:20 am »
Hi,

I've just joined the site here and am really looking forward to spending some time browsing about  ;D

I know it's a little late in the year but on the off chance that you have raw fleece left over from this year's clip that you would like to sell, please can you get in touch to let me know the breed, how many fleece you have and how much you are asking for them?  I am happy to collect.

And, thinking ahead to next year, if you would have fleece available, please get in touch also.

Please email me at narkeymarkey@hotmail.co.uk

Thanks in advance and have a fab week  :sunshine:

Best wishes
Tracy

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
  • nr Lauder, Scottish Borders
Re: Wanted: Raw Fleece - Perthshire
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 12:54:32 pm »
I live near Susannah and have some spare - will email you as requested.

Welcome to TAS by the way  :wave:
registered soay, castlemilk moorit  and north ronaldsay sheep, pygmy goats, steinbacher geese, muscovy ducks, various hens, lots of visiting mallards, a naughty border collie, a puss and a couple of guinea pigs

Tracy M

• Joined Nov 2012
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 02:15:24 pm »
thanks goosepimple  ;D

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, 02:28:00 pm »
Hi Tracey  :wave:

What sort of fleeces are you after?  And how many and for what purpose?  (This year and next.)

We're just over the border, about 20 miles into England (but still north of Hadrian's Wall  ;)) and have a commercial flock of predominantly Texel and Charollais cross ewes, some of whom have really lovely fleeces for spinning / felting. 

If I knew someone would want to buy X number then I could keep them back from the main clip.  If X is large, I'd need to tell the Wool Board, which is fine, but if it's just a few I don't think they'd care.  I'm allowed to keep some back for home use, and did keep about 9 back this year, for myself and other spinners.  I still have plenty of that available if you were wanting some of that. 

And there are farmers and smallholders locally with some interesting breeds (Shetlands, Jacobs, Wensleydales, Zwartbles, Hebrideans, to name just a few) who would be happy to keep some or all of their fleeces back for crafting use, if they knew what and how many was required.
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Richard Underwood

• Joined Nov 2012
  • Carmarthenshire
    • Cathilas Farm Soay - Hogget & Prime Mutton
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, 08:37:23 am »
Hi Tracy,
If you want some coloured fleece we have Soays which come in either tan or dark brown. We are in Wales but we are happy to post it. You can contact me at millennia@millennia-designs.com.
Cheers,
Richard

janeislay

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Isle of Islay
    • Ellister Islay Highland Ponies
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2012, 06:36:30 pm »
Hi Tracey
I keep Icelandics and also cross them with Hebrideans.  I've a few fleeces left and would be interested in selling them (very cheaply) in future years too.  I'm on the Isle of Islay but come over to Strathaven/Lanark regularly.

Tracy M

• Joined Nov 2012
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2012, 02:45:39 pm »
Thanks Richard, Sally and Jane, I'll drop you a wee message.   :) Tracy

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS